Thailand’s private sector tells government – ‘No more lockdown restrictions’

snoop1130

000_APH2002062197041.jpg

Photo by STEPHEN SHAVER / AFP

The joint committee of Thailand’s three private sector organizations has told the government not to re-impose lockdown restrictions, but to accelerate vaccinations to cover 70% of the country’s population before the full reopening of the borders to foreign arrivals.

Today (Wednesday) is the first day some partial lockdown measures have been eased, including allowing dine-in to resume, and reopening of beauty and hair salons, massage parlours (for foot massage only), and parks. Other restrictions such as ban on on-site classes and alcohol serving remain in place.

The committee, representing the Thai Bankers Association (TBA), the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) and the Thai Chamber of Commerce (TCC), met on Wednesday to assess the economic situation, the impacts on the national economy from lockdown restrictions imposed by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) and efforts to contain the pandemic, including mass vaccinations.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-private-sector-tells-government-no-more-lockdown-restrictions/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

They've been telling the brain dead government this  for almost 18 months.

70% isn't going to work with all the mutations and when  vaccinated people are still able to spread the virus.

They need to vaccinate 100% of the population.

They need to start ordering boosters also, Now!

Not after the 7th or 8 the wave.

Just let the private hospitals do the ordering.  

No more GPO or other well connected made up company.

This is what they do.  Order medical supplies for a living.

That amount of vaccination percentage is never going to happen in Thailand.  As for boosters, well, who knows how strongly those will be needed, or done.  That sort of planning and manufacturing and distributing is a bit far away methinks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

70% isn't going to work with all the mutations and when  vaccinated people are still able to spread the virus.

I suspect 70% will not work for the current Delta strain in a non-limited social environment. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

You can open the birders whenever you like, but with all the daft regulations and demands nobody is coming.

For me, shut Thailand completely for this year, write it off, vaccinate whom your can and open fully no restrictions on Jan 1st. Anything more and its further economic destruction as the dribble of foreigners wont cut it

Many people aren't going to come to a country where vaccination rates are so ineptly low.

Practically impossible to get any type of travel insurance for Thailand.

People returning from Thailand and other countries with a raging pandemic will have to quarantine upon arrival to there own countries, never mind arriving in Thailand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

although not saying boosters won't happen there are more recent studies and expert opinion saying that everyone needs to be vaccinated and then get this virus, boosters will slow that process down, experts are also saying that everyone will get the virus eventually vaccinated or not and therefore herd immunity is impossible, of course it is essential that all those at risk are fully vaccinated when that happens to protect them as much as possible against serious illness

Yes agreed.

I'm trying to get a few elderly Thai women with diabetes in our household vaccinated before school starts again. They are determined not to have either Chinese vaccine but are ok with Astra.  We're in Issan.

Tempted to drive them to Bangkok.  Seems people can get Astra much easier.

It's like pulling teeth here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, they do appear to be jumping the gun and are committing to it..... it is as if they were a month further down the vaccination process than they actually are. I think it is because Bangkok is well down that route and nowhere else matters...... what happens in the rural areas has rarely been important and that just continues.

My Mrs upset some old lady in her village just died of the Covid.... someone she visited with her mother every trip there. Workers at the chicken processing plant coming and going in her mind as responsible.... a lot of high risk  behaviour still going on in the country. 

a month ?

more like 4-5 months and then all those that got sinovac will need to be redone with something that has a chance to still be working after 4 months if it ever did

then along comes an even more deadly mutation were the vaccines don't work at all - what then, yes I know a really bad scenario but not way out there, if this virus hadn't mutated as it did this would all be over last year

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

a month ?

more like 4-5 months and then all those that got sinovac will need to be redone with something that has a chance to still be working after 4 months if it ever did

then along comes an even more deadly mutation were the vaccines don't work at all - what then, yes I know a really bad scenario but not way out there, if this virus hadn't mutated as it did this would all be over last year

Oh I pulled it quite randomly but you get my meaning...... perhaps a month of 1,000,000/day would be right.

I am not really considering what ifs and doomsday scenarios yet..... 

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

And all those that got the Sinovac 4 or 5 months ago.  There basically walking around unvaccinated.  

59 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

People have to learn to live with covid and they have to vaccinate everyone.  In order for the world to go back to any kind of normalcy, people need to get vaccinated and accept that everyone can get covid, with the vaccine stopping it from killing them.

You can say that you won't let unvaccinated people into the country, but anything more than that and you aren't getting tourism back.

Agreed, this will be with us now and forever, get it under control and live with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Yes agreed.

I'm trying to get a few elderly Thai women with diabetes in our household vaccinated before school starts again. They are determined not to have either Chinese vaccine but are ok with Astra.  We're in Issan.

Tempted to drive them to Bangkok.  Seems people can get Astra much easier.

It's like pulling teeth here.

Is it turn up and get Astra for  a 45 year old Thai in Bangers?

14 minutes ago, Almer said:

Is it turn up and get Astra for  a 45 year old Thai in Bangers?

Theres definitely more options in Bangkok.

I haven't heard of any Astra Zeneca vaccines on offer in Sakon Nakhon.

I think most of the Astra is going to people to bolster the people who got the inneficient Sinovac.

I don’t understand why the government does not focus only on 2 things:

1. Get everybody vaccinated with proper vaccines ASAP!

2. Focus on and provided financial support for domestic tourism and small businesses, to bring tourist areas and cities back to life. 

Nobody in their right mind will fly thousands of miles on holiday to a ghost-town where few people are vaccinated. 

They need to revive the now ghost-towns. And domestic tourism is the cheapest and fastest way to do it.

• Like 2