Bangkok named No.1 among 150 ‘workation’ cities worldwide

snoop1130

sfdsfe.jpg

Bangkok, 01 September, 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to announce that Bangkok has topped the list of ‘workation’ cities around the world for 2021, in a global survey by Germany-based vacation search engine company Holidu.

The Thai capital was ranked first thanks to its affordable cost of living, high degree of English-language proficiency, range of attractions, wealth of world-class facilities, and multinational corporate offices.

Phuket also featured among the top workation cities around the globe, coming in at No. 10.

TAT Governor, Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, said “Having two Thai cities included in the top workation destinations of the world is a fantastic thumbs-up that indicates their immense popularity among those who choose to work abroad from their home. Of all the cities on offer, it’s truly pleasing to know so many choose Bangkok and Phuket as their favourite workation spot.”

Holidu’s Workation Index for 2021 reflects the growing popularity of a ‘workation’ – whether a long weekend, week, month or longer – in which business can be mixed with pleasure at home or in a holiday destination abroad, particularly in the current situation where more and more companies are having employees work from home.

The Workation Index ranked 150 cities as working vacation destinations. It based this on various factors ranging from the monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment and cost of after-work drinks to average hours of sunshine, Wi-Fi speeds, and the number of ‘things to do’.

Holidu said Bangkok, Phuket, and the other cities that secured top spots in the 2021 workation rankings offered an affordable cost of living, attractively priced accommodation, food and drinks, and were cultural hotspots in their own right with so much to see and do.

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/09/bangkok-named-no-1-among-150-workation-cities-worldwide/

I did this for a few months! Had a blast until lockdown hit. I'll be back and expect that many others in similar positions will be too (I'm already recruiting some of my friends to fly in and visit next time I'm in town). Quite excited to see how the influx of this type of worker changes the social fabric of the expat experience.

What was it again, ? 2x1012  - 10 + 7 X 5 = ?  is how maNy, or , sorry this calculator iT or needs recharge !!!!! or! More ministers to calculate..  or!!!  WHAT? 

More BS ?   Disgusting state of affairs, SHAME AND THE WORLD KNOWS IT !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Whilst I would agree that perhaps BKK is a great place for the so newly named by Holidu 'workation', I'm not so sure that I agree with this quote.... 'Other selling points include the fact that most people in Bangkok speak English' .........................however some informative data in their charts interestingly...........................

https://www.holidu.co.uk/magazine/the-best-cities-for-a-workation

• Like 2

I work here and after a year of BKK made the choice to go home or move to another part of Thailand.
Glad I did and that was 7 years ago.

BKK is ok for 3-4 days then time to leave!

Not sure what the prerequisites were for the workation title but obviously not complied correctly.

"Holidu’s Workation Index for 2021"?

Another source of information to be ignored - completely.

Of course, the clowns at the TAT are having an absolute field day - again. 

Too many clowns and far too few circuses - as far as I am concerned ???? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Bangkok - Rusted buses belching diesel fumes, broken footpaths, decaying buildings, rats crawling around rubbish, air quality that rivals New Delhi, terrible taffic congestion, drivers ignoring all road rules and without any common urtesy, stinking klongs, scooters on footpaths, fly blown wet market products, rip off taxis, poor english speaking skills, overpriced condos, corrupt cops scamming and shaking down foreigners......and thats the tip of the iceberg, welcome to your workation.

But....do you live or spend considerable time there anyway tho? ????

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2021 at 8:46 PM, The Cipher said:

I did this for a few months! Had a blast until lockdown hit. I'll be back and expect that many others in similar positions will be too (I'm already recruiting some of my friends to fly in and visit next time I'm in town). Quite excited to see how the influx of this type of worker changes the social fabric of the expat experience.

The people taking these workations (what a hideous word) seem to me at least to be too transient to be expatriates. The latter is more settled and fixed. I wouldn't even call someone working for a business abroad for a year or so an expat.