It’s actually happening: Hua Hin to reopen to foreign tourists on October 1

snoop1130

Huahin will open on the same terms as the Phuket sandbox, so it would be very possible. 

With the current vaccination campaign, you might be looking at an opening of Thailand on 01/11 for vaccinated tourist. Although, 01/12 will be more likely. 

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nonsense. Foreigners returning to their own country must be tested. Thais returning to Thailand must be quarantined and tested. There is no war on 'you'.

wow, what an ill informed post that is 

15 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

Again all these negative foreigners (read *deleted*) with their Facebook doctor degrees and utter disliking of Thailand and its people. There is not other path to walk than the reopening of Thailand right now, with more people going in to poverty than people suffering from covid. Step-by-step we will need to see Thailand opening up and this is the next step. Covid is not going away and the daily vaccinations of up to 900,000 people are leading the way. 

Thank you. Thought it was just me reading all the gloom and doom by experts and those in charge of governmental affairs…..5555 it gets old.  Ill take any good news i hear and see. My mates got 2nd jab of Pfizer today. Thongs are rolling

Whenever all these Destinations open it will be a case of 'New Normal' being back to 'Old Normal'.   No 'Improvements' have been made so watch out for overpricing, double pricing, surly attitudes, hanging wires, holes in the road and pavements, nutters driving/riding cars and motorbikes and idiots telling you 'no have' whenever you ask for something any other Tourist reliant country would have !

I hope there's no 'counter announcement' and that this is confirmed by the government ASAP - including letting Thai Embassies know the details.  My wife (fully vaccinated) is due back on 7 October - much better for her to spend 2 weeks in Hua Hin that be locked up in Bangkok.

Like somebody else said... zero Covid was a dream before and it certainly is now, with the virus already everywhere in Thailand.

Covid won't go away and we cant stay in lockdown forever, might as well start slowly reopen while vaccinations are ramped up.

Having said that, I wouldn't go as a tourist, not with curfews in place and the likes, but I want to see my girlfriend and I can stay for a few months (since I work online) so I'll give it a shot.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:28 PM, smedly said:

all potential foreign tourists need to be fully aware of what will happen to them if any of the 4x tests returns a positive result - it isn't pretty, also note that none of these mandatory tests are being carried out on the local population - only you

Yes, I was talking to my mother this week, she usually comes to Thailand for a couple of months each winter.

She said that she's not going anywhere until there's no longer any restrictions, quarantines, forms to fill out and tests to do.

If they require anything other than turning up at the airport and getting on the plane she simply won't go, even if it means she never travels again and she was very certain about this.

She's not going to be the only one who won't put up with any of this nonsense, she's had her vaccines and will gladly take any offered boosters along with her flu shots if needed and as far as she's concerned that's the end of it....

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 9:08 PM, smedly said:

wow, what an ill informed post that is 

In what way? Can Australians or New Zealanders or British people return to their home country without being tested? No  they cannot. Can Thais return here without being tested? No they can not. My post was accurate. It was not ill informed.

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In what way? Can Australians or New Zealanders or British people return to their home country without being tested? No  they cannot. Can Thais return here without being tested? No they can not. My post was accurate. It was not ill informed.

Sorry fellow Hammer, but I can travel to and from the UK without producing a pre flight test result however, yes I do have to do a Lateral Flow Test on day 2.

16 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

Sorry fellow Hammer, but I can travel to and from the UK without producing a pre flight test result however, yes I do have to do a Lateral Flow Test on day 2.

I did not mention a pre flight test. I reiterate. A UK citizen arriving from Thailand must be tested on arrival and currently QUARANTINED for ten days. FACT. WITHOUT EXCEPTION. INCLUDING YOU PAL. Do not change the narrative to meet your opinion please.

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I did not mention a pre flight test. I reiterate. A UK citizen arriving from Thailand must be tested on arrival and currently QUARANTINED for ten days. FACT. WITHOUT EXCEPTION. INCLUDING YOU PAL. Do not change the narrative to meet your opinion please.

I did not say I was arriving from Thailand, I said I do not need a test, a UK Citizen arriving in the UK is not tested upon arrival in the UK, but after 2 and 8 days, that is a fact, and must quarantine, also produce a negative test before Travelling to the UK.