Thai Tourism Minister visits Pattaya to discuss “Move On” reopening plan, plan to be presented to CCSA this Friday

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya, Thailand-The Minister of Tourism and Sports, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, visited Pattaya today, September 12th, 2021, to discuss the “Move On” reopening plan for the city to allow in foreign vaccinated tourists without a strict quarantine.

Good god, he's serious.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, at15 said:

just like the millions of people who have died in the past thousands of years from cold and flu. sometimes a person's body is not strong enough and they die, thats life. do the best you can to be healthy and forget about it.

The best you can do is to get vaccinated and survive!

The best society can do is help protect them, and to treat them well if they do get sick. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Millions of Americans USA went to football stadiums this past weekend jampacked stadiums without mask just keeping the economy going got to love them 

The U.S. is so screwed up with covid and it has become so  political that it is out of control.  It will be interesting to see if the MSM covers the areas to see if there are any major outbreaks.

Personally why anyone would go to the PC FL is beyond me but hey I guess they need something to do. 

Before we use the U.S. as a poster child for what to do about covid I think they need to get it resolved.

Love Vegas but right now even if I could afford it it is the last place I wuld want to go.  

Too much hassle with people on the airplanes.

Covid is not under control

Only want to gamble with money not my life.

• Thanks 2

Maybe the ministerial visit will decide, if the submarine port for the three Chinese subs will be fitted along the "destructed" Jomtien beach road or more close to the action after last night's Walking Street activities. 

In the past you had to pay for science fiction ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Millions of Americans USA went to football stadiums this past weekend jampacked stadiums without mask just keeping the economy going got to love them 

reason #0973256938562398561239586 why I am dying to get out of this place--tired of "Winning"......signed an exhausted Yank...note the state this happened, and the pro covid politicians running it...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The U.S. is so screwed up with covid and it has become so  political that it is out of control.  It will be interesting to see if the MSM covers the areas to see if there are any major outbreaks.

Personally why anyone would go to the PC FL is beyond me but hey I guess they need something to do. 

Before we use the U.S. as a poster child for what to do about covid I think they need to get it resolved.

Love Vegas but right now even if I could afford it it is the last place I wuld want to go.  

Too much hassle with people on the airplanes.

Covid is not under control

Only want to gamble with money not my life.

At least some of them will have a epitaph on headstone that says  "Boy did I Own the Libs!".........thoughts n prayers in advance....

• Haha 1

I agree with many of the above sentiments. We need to get Thailand opened up to its residents before even considering allowing free movement of tourists. A start would be to allow restaurants to fully open, ie, serving both food and booze, and things will move on from there. Many older tourists come to Thailand to enjoy the good Thai and international food here.

• Like 1

We seem to be going round in circles here as suggested before total vaccination of the Thai population including foreigners 

Then get rid of the paperwork involved in coming to Thailand plus the

Quarantine measures then think about opening up for foreign tourists 

Looking at beginning 2022

• Like 2

Drop most of the <deleted> in getting here. Visitors must be double vaccinated OK, health insurance OK but no quarantine or Embassy letters and get your own population double vaccinated too (I see a big improvement on this now). Open bars and restaurants fully and lets move on. The latest science is that it is Endemic which basically means it's here to stay and we will all get it eventually, but if you are vaccinated it should be a less dangerous issue.

Personally I fancy a trip to Tak province in October but what will the restrictions be? I should be double vaccinated by then which may be helpful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smedly said:

Thailand needs to get its own house in order before starting to entertain foreign tourists and then they need to drop all the B S red tape and money gouging restrictions  - either open fully or don't bother, if you can't even open to your own local population how on earth are you ready for foreign visitors - all this is a political message to make the government look good in the news - the truth is something entirely different - "look we are opening up" just doesn't cut it on any level - Thailand is far from open or ready

The "walking wallet syndrome" why not make it really safe.. Just send your money.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Unless you are one of the unfortunate 0.059% who have so far died (I’m one of the fortunate 99.94% who’ve survived).

Your numbers are meaningless without context and that is a throwaway post.

• Like 1