Covid visa extension after the end of september

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is partially their reason. I can recall tourism businesses were pushing on the government not to end the amnesty last year. They ended the amnesty bui started the covid 19 extensions.

any chance i can come in on a two month visa. get the 30 days extra and then the 60 day covid extension.   what demands would they have .  i have to buy the special insurance?  in this scenerio?

6 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

any chance i can come in on a two month visa. get the 30 days extra and then the 60 day covid extension.   what demands would they have .  i have to buy the special insurance?  in this scenerio?

I cannot predict what will be possible that far in advance. I am only sure that the covid 19 extension will still be available after the 27th of this month.

At this time you would need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid for the 60 days that a tourist visa would allow when you enter the country.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I cannot predict what will be possible that far in advance. I am only sure that the covid 19 extension will still be available after the 27th of this month.

At this time you would need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid for the 60 days that a tourist visa would allow when you enter the country.

thanks im planning a five month trip.........someone told me im better off coming in on a two monrh visa and extending versus getting the ao visa from abroad.  if i come in on the two month visa, and get the insurance u mention  .. will i need to get more insurance when i extend the two month visa an extra 30 day>??

Lots of people are asking me whether the covid extension program will continue beyond the 27th September deadline. My gut feeling says no. Any tourist who is still “stuck” here should prepare to leave as the PM aims to re-open the borders in October to vaccinated tourists [1/2]

My advice is to apply now for the 60 day extension before the deadline as some Immigration offices are already refusing to extend it. If you’re refused they will tell you to leave the country. If you get it, you can stay until the end of November. But that might be it. Good luck!

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1438110501163057155

The Covid extensions will continue until well into 2022. That is a guarantee. I arrived on a visa exemption in 2019 and have been able to enjoy my life in Pattaya on amnesty and extensions. It's been absolutely amazing and I hope I never have to leave.

My LINE app is absolutely flooded with girls. They're not hard to find if you know where to look. I haven't slept a night alone for almost two years now. Pure bliss.

Edited by MarcelV
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, tarzanet said:

Don't wanna give any false hope, but after I got my extension today, an officer told me that the covid extensions will continue at least until end of November. He said it's not official yet, but he looked pretty sure about it 

With the government today already making noises about a backtrack on an October reopening, I would say another extension is looking very likely.