Thailand tipped to be removed from UK’s ‘red list’

webfact

Just now, Gandtee said:

It refers to Expats then goes on to say 'This should hopefully mean that people travelling to the UK from Thailand will not be required to undergo mandatory 14 day hotel quarantine returning to the UK.' I take that to mean all travelers.

"All travelers" cannot travel.......for example Thais are banned from entering from a red country.

Reverting to amber means that they (and other foreigners) can travel from Thailand, and returning Brits do not need to quarantine.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

It refers to Expats then goes on to say 'This should hopefully mean that people travelling to the UK from Thailand will not be required to undergo mandatory 14 day hotel quarantine returning to the UK.' I take that to mean all travelers.

You need to read the whole set of rules to have a full understanding of the requirements and what is and isnt allowed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gandtee said:

My Thai niece contracted covid. She had been twice vaccinated. After her husband got it she was tested positive, but suffered no symptoms. My wife maintains it was because of the Thai herbs she had been taking, but I go along with the effectiveness of the vaccines. Who knows.

Most people who contract the virus do not show any symptoms and it doesn't effect them at all , maybe she was naturally one of those people ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

"All travelers" cannot travel.......for example Thais are banned from entering from a red country.

Reverting to amber means that they (and other foreigners) can travel from Thailand, and returning Brits do not need to quarantine.....

nope

1 minute ago, 2long said:

In reply to a few posts, from what I gather (here on this forum) it's not the brand of vaccine or where it's made that the UK don't accept, but where it's administered. So even a Pfizer jab that was given here in Thailand falls into the same category as Thai-made AstraZeneca.

I have no knowledge or opinion on Sinovac/Pharm, though. Maybe they're 'double bad.'

I do think that that is incorrect . 

Certain vaccines are accepted and other ones are not , it doesnt matter the location of where you had the vaccination done , but even so, its a moot point because vaccinations are not required for Brits when entering the U.K 

• Confused 1

October 1st and Hi-Season are just around the corner, looks like the anticipated 6 million Brits will be finally coming and will give the TAT numbers folks a win this time.........oh the irony and the sarcasm.  Wishing on one hand while sharting in the other...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A new system based on the vaccination status of travellers could be under consideration instead.

That is going to kill it for expats. 

UK tourists returning will be okay, they have their NHS vaccination and app. 

Pretty sure 'our' vaccinations and More Prom will count for nothing.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ha. I just asked gf what the rock formation in background look like to check if I'm going nuts.

A Dragon having a drink from the ocean was confirmed.

Looks like a nice spot. 

Very popular with adolescent males who are keen on serious injuries and death!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

They do need to quarantine, just not at 14 day  hotel quarantine. Until the UK recognizes vaccines like AZ manufactured in SE Asia, essentially nothing has really changed.

• Like 2