Jump to content

Thailand reports 13,897 new COVID-19 cases, 13,527 recoveries and 188 deaths


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, buick said:

looking at reported cases can be a bit misleading and not show the true 'curve'.  no country is able to report an accurate number of their cases each day, month, etc...  deaths is a more accurate measure, while those can be hidden, still more accurate than trying to chart cases.  the death charts for india and indonesia both look alot like thailand although thailand has only just turned down.  i'm sure people will say india hid their deaths and that may be true but it just means the bell type curve went up higher, still came crashing down after a fairly short period.  these things tend to last 2-3 months.  i have seen a few from last winter that lasted longer and did not crash down, more gradual (italy for example, 4-5 months).  so there are outliers. 

I was replying to a post that said "every single other country out there follows the delta trend" 

 

My post quoted from a scientist provides evidence that is not the case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PCR test positive cases, total of 13,897 official new infections, with 394 of those from prison and 13,503 from the community. 188 official covid deaths recorded.    Rapid tests positive cas

Around 9,000 excess deaths in Thailand  during July. A figure to compare to around 3,000 registered Covid-19 deaths during this period. I guess some posters will explain the gap by suicides committed

Scandalous for a country that is buying billion dollar subs from China and seeks to bail out its national airline in $12b debt.

Posted Images

Epidemiologists sent from Bangkok to help contain COVID-19 spread on Phuket

Public Health Permanent Secretary said today that the deployment of epidemiologists and disease control officials to Phuket is to support the fight to contain the pandemic and to boost the confidence of both the locals and foreign tourists.

 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/epidemiologists-sent-from-bangkok-to-help-contain-covid-19-spread-on-phuket/

 

Edited by anchadian
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderna jabs to reach Thailand from mid-October

 

Thailand’s acquisition of the highly anticipated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will see the first batch arriving by mid-October, with deliveries continuing to March 2022, the government confirmed on Thursday.

 

The Thai Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), together with Zuellig Pharma LTD and the Thailand’s Private Hospital Association (PHA), have worked to secure a total of 1,958,400 million doses of the mRNA vaccine for the country by the end of the year.

 

The organization aims to deliver the first batch of 300,000 around mid-October, according to the Ministry of Public Health.

 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/32759/moderna-jabs-to-reach-thailand-from-mid-october/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Epidemiologists sent from Bangkok to help contain COVID-19 spread on Phuket

Public Health Permanent Secretary said today that the deployment of epidemiologists and disease control officials to Phuket is to support the fight to contain the pandemic and to boost the confidence of both the locals and foreign tourists.

 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/epidemiologists-sent-from-bangkok-to-help-contain-covid-19-spread-on-phuket/

 

Does he have to go into quarantine?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Did you not see a healthy one year old is included in the death figures. Young people are dying. Pregnant women are dying. Babies are dying.

I was replying to a comment made to my previous post regarding the 3 deaths in Phuket yesterday. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Moderna jabs to reach Thailand from mid-October

 

Thailand’s acquisition of the highly anticipated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will see the first batch arriving by mid-October, with deliveries continuing to March 2022, the government confirmed on Thursday.

 

The Thai Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), together with Zuellig Pharma LTD and the Thailand’s Private Hospital Association (PHA), have worked to secure a total of 1,958,400 million doses of the mRNA vaccine for the country by the end of the year.

 

The organization aims to deliver the first batch of 300,000 around mid-October, according to the Ministry of Public Health.

 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/32759/moderna-jabs-to-reach-thailand-from-mid-october/

It's interesting because now some are starting to say AZ is better because it doesn't wane as quickly as mRNA vax. mRNA protection is better initially but it drops off quicker.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Moderna jabs to reach Thailand from mid-October

 

Thailand’s acquisition of the highly anticipated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will see the first batch arriving by mid-October, with deliveries continuing to March 2022, the government confirmed on Thursday.

 

The Thai Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), together with Zuellig Pharma LTD and the Thailand’s Private Hospital Association (PHA), have worked to secure a total of 1,958,400 million doses of the mRNA vaccine for the country by the end of the year.

 

The organization aims to deliver the first batch of 300,000 around mid-October, according to the Ministry of Public Health.

 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/32759/moderna-jabs-to-reach-thailand-from-mid-october/

Vibhavadi Hospital has sent out confirmation that they will vaccinate mid-October for those who has booked and paid for Moderna. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

188 additional deaths

Today's (16 September) Cambodian Press is reporting on deaths from COVID-19 in Thailand and for reference:-

 

Two Cambodians are among the 144 fatalities (up from 136 the previous day), aged 22 to 96 years and includes three Myanmar nationals and one UK  national.

 

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50935993/another-two-cambodians-die-from-covid-19-in-thailand/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

It's interesting because now some are starting to say AZ is better because it doesn't wane as quickly as mRNA vax. mRNA protection is better initially but it drops off quicker.

Okay. I am convinced, I will go supplement my Moderna shops with AZ next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Okay. I am convinced, I will go supplement my Moderna shops with AZ next week.

I'm just saying what I've been seeing. Maybe it has something to do with the recommended 12 wk gap between shots. Israel used mNRA and they are having problems with waning. I heard that they are contemplating another lockdown.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A further two prominent doctors are advising the govt to delay opening the Kingdom next month.

 

Will their voices be heard?

 

Prominent Thai doctors urges government to delay country reopening for foreign tourists

 

Bangkok –

At least two prominent doctors in Thailand who also advise the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, are calling foul at Thailand’s plan to reopen the country in October for foreign vaccinated tourists, warning that it is too risky and too early to do so in their opinions.

 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/16/prominent-thai-doctors-urges-government-to-delay-country-reopening-for-foreign-tourists/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they keep hospitalising people or putting them in warehouses they will not come forward for tests, let people isolate at home irrespective if some don’t, we then might get a true indication how many cases are out there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, anchadian said:

A further two prominent doctors are advising the govt to delay opening the Kingdom next month.

 

Will their voices be heard?

 

Prominent Thai doctors urges government to delay country reopening for foreign tourists

 

Bangkok –

At least two prominent doctors in Thailand who also advise the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, are calling foul at Thailand’s plan to reopen the country in October for foreign vaccinated tourists, warning that it is too risky and too early to do so in their opinions.

 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/16/prominent-thai-doctors-urges-government-to-delay-country-reopening-for-foreign-tourists/

If they keep listening to the ‘experts’ the country will never reopen, we have to take risks, it’s been ongoing for months, Covid isn’t ever never going away.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If they keep listening to the ‘experts’ the country will never reopen, we have to take risks, it’s been ongoing for months, Covid isn’t ever never going away.

Seems like the time has come where they are now more concerned with listening to the business and tourist “experts” than the medical ones. 

 

The current data supports this “Risk” and the opening up once the vaccination targets are met which will happen in some areas next month, others by year end imo. 
 

Those who wish to minimise their risk further can choose to avoid packed places shopping malls, markets and carrying on socially distancing as they choose. 
 


 

 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

You probably read one of these reports.

 

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine had 93% effectiveness against symptomatic infection two weeks after the second dose, compared with Oxford-AstraZeneca's 71%.

Over time, however, the Pfizer-BioNTech's effectiveness dropped while the Oxford-AstraZeneca's remained largely the same.

But there was no cause for alarm, Prof Sarah Walker, at the University of Oxford, said because "when you start very very high, you've got a long way to go".

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58257863

Why a third jab so soon then for the over 50's, only had my second 7 months ago, hardly a long way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Irate priest said:

Why a third jab so soon then for the over 50's, only had my second 7 months ago, hardly a long way.

 

30 minutes ago, Irate priest said:

Why a third jab so soon then for the over 50's, only had my second 7 months ago, hardly a long way.

Trying too jab there they out of Covid, running out of ideas now I think, let’s try a third jab then a fourth like they are doing in Israel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Flipped already

 I love this quotation -- it's completely classic:

 

“From the perspective of medics, it may not be an appropriate time to open the country due to the high infection rate. But from the business side, it is very essential to resume the businesses in order to move the economy forward. The ministry is taking opinions from both sides into consideration,” said Anutin.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...