Jump to content

Moderna jabs to reach Thailand from mid-October


Recommended Posts

mo.jpg

 

By Pear Maneechote

 

Thailand’s acquisition of the highly anticipated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will see the first batch arriving by mid-October, with deliveries continuing to March 2022, the government confirmed on Thursday.

 

The Thai Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), together with Zuellig Pharma LTD and the Thailand’s Private Hospital Association (PHA), have worked to secure a total of 1,958,400 million doses of the mRNA vaccine for the country by the end of the year.

 

The organization aims to deliver the first batch of 300,000 around mid-October, according to the Ministry of Public Health.

 

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/32759/moderna-jabs-to-reach-thailand-from-mid-october/

 

ti.jpg
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two million doses. In a country with a seventy million people . That translates to one in seventy getting fully vaccinated with the Moderna  vaccine. 

Good Luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Two million doses. In a country with a seventy million people . That translates to one in seventy getting fully vaccinated with the Moderna  vaccine. 

Good Luck. 

They have ordered a lot more Pfizer than Moderna.  Also this it just the first order of Moderna.  There is a second order coming next year.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fujionrye said:

 

How long after getting second AZ, should one wait before getting moderna?

 

I waited 9 weeks 

But not here in Thailand, I presume?

Edited by bradiston
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rwill said:

They have ordered a lot more Pfizer than Moderna.  Also this it just the first order of Moderna.  There is a second order coming next year.

Did you read the article above?  

"Thailand’s acquisition of the highly anticipated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will see the first batch arriving by mid-October, with deliveries continuing to March 2022, the government confirmed on Thursday."

The part about deliveries continuing till March 2022. Nothing about any deliveries after that. The Gov was supposed to be ordering 5 million shots in earlier reports but Thai Red Cross got a portion of that so this I think this is what is left of deliveries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

If they notify you of a prepaid Moderna appointment—can you delay it if needed?

im pretty sure you can because it has been pay for in full

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Khun Yogi said:

A bit late for those who have already paid as it appears the peak has past.

They shouldn't have paid then. 

 

I only paid half, and if I change my mind and take another one(Pfizer), I've only lost 1200 baht. Actually, I might give it to a friend. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vinci said:

im pretty sure you can because it has been pay for in full

Also, can get a refund if you are not offered the vaccine this year. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Also, can get a refund if you are not offered the vaccine this year. 

by law yes but you're in Thailand, i wouldn't count on it, eventually you can but it will take year +, by then i'll probably forgot about it 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vinci said:

by law yes but you're in Thailand, i wouldn't count on it, eventually you can but it will take year +, by then i'll probably forgot about it 😁

 They can't say they will give a refund and not give it. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JayBird said:

About time.  Good news.

 

How long after getting second AZ, should one wait before getting moderna?

BKK hospital website reads Moderna can be given 6 months after 2nd AZ jab.....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

BKK hospital website reads Moderna can be given 6 months after 2nd AZ jab.....

This is what they recommended here in uk. 2nd jabs have started but they recommend 6 months after 2nd jab. So mine will be around November then let's see what uk will do about the traffic light system.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaveE13 said:

This is what they recommended here in uk. 2nd jabs have started but they recommend 6 months after 2nd jab. So mine will be around November then let's see what uk will do about the traffic light system.

I should of said booster jabs now started.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), together with Zuellig Pharma LTD and the Thailand’s Private Hospital Association (PHA), have worked to

In other words, the GPO stopped being obstructionist and let private organizations get the job done right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

This is what they recommended here in uk. 2nd jabs have started but they recommend 6 months after 2nd jab. So mine will be around November then let's see what uk will do about the traffic light system.

I just purchased 1 Moderna, ( 1650 baht ) possibly get the booster in late February.......

Edited by CANSIAM
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had Sinovac and AstraZeneca. I am not looking at Moderna as a booster because my country will not accept a combination for return travel. I will take both Moderna shots at the proper interval. I would like to buy a couple for my Thai wife, she has only had two Sinovac jabs.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could There Be a Non-Vaccine COVID Cure?

https://news.yahoo.com/could-non-vaccine-covid-cure-074820921.html

 

He also doesn’t think we should be too invested in the Biden administration sending vaccines overseas.

“They’re going to want to hedge against the unknown, you know, a new variant coming alongside the population. So as a matter of national security, the doses that have been secured by the administration are going to be kept by the administration.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Could There Be a Non-Vaccine COVID Cure?

https://news.yahoo.com/could-non-vaccine-covid-cure-074820921.html

 

He also doesn’t think we should be too invested in the Biden administration sending vaccines overseas.

“They’re going to want to hedge against the unknown, you know, a new variant coming alongside the population. So as a matter of national security, the doses that have been secured by the administration are going to be kept by the administration.”

Except that these vaccines have an expiration date. So I imagine as their expiration looms, they will be sent abroad, unless it turns out that they're needed. Or the govt will reduce demand leaving more production available for other nations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...