Hua Hin business leaders slam delay in reopening

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that 70% double vaxxed herd immunity will be achieved in the area by 14th/15th October. 

If indeed there will be 70 % double vaxxed in Hua Hin by 14/15 th October it will still take another 2 to 3 weeks for the Immunity in those people to be maxed out

November 1st seems good to me.

But he also needs to consider that 70 % Herd Immunity is no longer of any use against Delta, and should now be above 80 %

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The head of the reopening to foreign tourists in Hua Hin has slammed the government and the CCSA for their constant flip-flopping and delays

Beg to differ, there has been no flip flopping on the opening dates.

The head of the re-opening "possibility" has been pushed by those with interests in Hua Hin and have given spurious dates as to when that might be.

While those who actually make the decisions and give a real date are the government/CCSA.

Another case of the tail trying to wag the dog.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Only residents will return for the winter months. Not tourists. Tourists face too many issues getting here and then returning to their home countries with quarantine measures in place and with TH still being on the red list. Plus local restrictions on activities. There is no dramatic pull factor for any tourist. 

Can't see many from UK making the trip.

• Like 2

If Hua Hin is to open by October 15, then there needs to be a complete plan, protocol for accepting inbound foreign travelers. For instance, how would they transit Subvarabhumi enroute Hua Hin, or would only direct flights into Hua Hin be allowed? There isn't much time to sort out the logistics when one part of the country is open but the main arteries are closed.

1 hour ago, j.a.farang001 said:

If Hua Hin is to open by October 15, then there needs to be a complete plan, protocol for accepting inbound foreign travelers. For instance, how would they transit Subvarabhumi enroute Hua Hin, or would only direct flights into Hua Hin be allowed? There isn't much time to sort out the logistics when one part of the country is open but the main arteries are closed.

The plan: let people take care of their own health. Very very complicated. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

At present Thailand has only one thing that could possibly attract foreign tourists to visit during the upcoming "high" season and that is nicer winter weather than they would have in their home countries.  That said, there are many other possibilities offering nice weather that have far fewer restrictions in addition to other things tourists want such as pleasant places to visit and enjoy good food and drink.

Southern Europe is full of winter sun with no restrictions and not as far to travel ... etc ...

• Haha 1

I have a good friend in the States who was planning on coming to visit us here in November but has held off on buying plane tickets until they get their "s--t" together and that he is sure he wont spend the first two weeks of his 4 week vacation locked up in a hotel in Bangkok. I don't blame him... ????

• Like 1

"Karot Rojanasathien of Hua Hin Recharge said it was a constant tug of war between parties in the government that had left the private sector looking for answers and confidence among potential foreign tourists being eroded."

This game of "the karot and the stick" has to end now !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

If indeed there will be 70 % double vaxxed in Hua Hin by 14/15 th October it will still take another 2 to 3 weeks for the Immunity in those people to be maxed out

November 1st seems good to me.

But he also needs to consider that 70 % Herd Immunity is no longer of any use against Delta, and should now be above 80 %

Everything you said reflects current thinking....but you are asking Thais to think more than 1 step ahead.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Niteowl45 said:

You are missing the point man... you seem to think all their harebrained schemes actually serve some kind of purpose. Problem is, they don't. They're a face saving measure at best (hey we did something to protect the country) and a way to charge foreigners with extra taxes and/or force them to stay in hotels run by their buddies at worst.

I live in HH and am waiting for my wife to return from overseas. She's been there several months, and because she already did one ASQ here, she won't do it again. She'd rather stay with the kids. I remain hopeful that this train wreck will eventually come to an end hence the more constructive attitude from this farang.

Edited by j.a.farang001
  • Like 1