The three major factors the Thai government is using to determine provinces ready to open to foreign vaccinated tourists

webfact

34 minutes ago, sucit said:

Look,I ain’t no spring chicken. I been through Thailand. Somebody needs to tell me how on earth farm workers who don’t even have shoes and travel through provinces for work are gonna be able to get and carry vaccine papers around with them. And will they all be denied passage if the chicken ate their papers? This stuff is ridiculous it all needs to be canned. Open up, no <deleted> papers for <deleted> sake. 

So true. Thanks for sharing the pissibilities.????

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If anyone thinks a 2 week delay is going to make any difference whatsoever they're mistaken.

Last October is when it really started to hit for the winter season with cases going from just a few thousand per day in the larger European countries in September to tens of thousands per day in mid October.

That was the 'signal' of the coming escalation.

If there's a massive explosion of cases in Europe with new lockdowns all over the place then I doubt anything will open up this winter at all.

Good point.

A couple of Pattaya bar owners/you tubers put a video up a couple of days ago, with some 'well connected ' visa agent.

They were bouncing about soi 7, thinking there was going to be an imminent reopening of BKK and the cash tills would be ringing for high season.

I think they are going to be very disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I don't think too many tourists will be coming until they relax all the pointless red tape - Phuket being a fine example were it served mostly as a slightly better ASQ, (which has now been exhausted)  it is now obvious arrivals have reduced to insignificant levels, surely someone has the brains to figure out why - here is a hint - UK Green

- Fully Vaccinated

- one PCR test 72hrs before travel

- open up entertainment **

- dump the curfew **

- dump the SHA hotel nonsense **

** if you cannot do this you are not ready to open up

Tourists will not be coming until you do all the above 

The Thai government firmly believes that red tape,and bureaucracy saves lives and will therefore make Thailand look like a safe place to come.

In practice the opposite happens.

• Like 2

None of these three factors have anything to do with fully vaccinated travellers entering the country as proven by the Phuket experiment. Allowing foreigners in would in fact improve the “health and safety “ of Thais by providing a small boost to economic activity so the poorest among them might at least be able to feed themselves.

• Like 2

A post with an altered quote has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

If anyone thinks a 2 week delay is going to make any difference whatsoever they're mistaken.

Last October is when it really started to hit for the winter season with cases going from just a few thousand per day in the larger European countries in September to tens of thousands per day in mid October.

If there's a massive explosion of cases in Europe with new lockdowns all over the place then I doubt anything will open up this winter at all.

Norway reopen yesterday.People run to the streets and went to the pubs and bars again.It was alot of happy people on the streets celebrating.The reason is that we almost get 70% of fully vaccinayed.

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

It doesn't matter whether 100 or 100,000 tested positive per day. The decisive factor is how many people are severe, symptomatic cases and absolutely have to go to the hospital. In Europe, lockdown measures are increasingly controlled using this parameter. It is undisputed that the vaccinations are currently reducing the number of serious and fatal cases. The big unknown here is the appearance of new dangerous mutations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

It doesn't matter whether 100 or 100,000 tested positive per day. The decisive factor is how many people are severe, symptomatic cases and absolutely have to go to the hospital. In Europe, lockdown measures are increasingly controlled using this parameter. It is undisputed that the vaccinations are currently reducing the number of serious and fatal cases. The big unknown here is the appearance of new dangerous mutations.

Sarah Gilbert, who created the AZ vaccine, has said she thinks Delta is as bad as it gets.

The point you make about hospitalisations is crucial.

Pressure on any countries healthcare system is the defining metric going forward.

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Didn't work-out too well for the health and safety of Thais down in Phuket, in that regard it was a total failure.

While international tourists posed virtually no threat they  have been treated like lepers.

That is no fault of the Sandbox scheme  -  Get them vaccinated then (incl. immigrant black market workers)

21 hours ago, sucit said:

Look,I ain’t no spring chicken. I been through Thailand. Somebody needs to tell me how on earth farm workers who don’t even have shoes and travel through provinces for work are gonna be able to get and carry vaccine papers around with them. And will they all be denied passage if the chicken ate their papers? This stuff is ridiculous it all needs to be canned. Open up, no <deleted> papers for <deleted> sake. 

Denied entry to where?