Four& Twenty Pies

ozzydom

I've seen them in RImping Meechok occasionally.

Mr K worked there for a lot of years; he would never eat one.  Tried one on his first day and then went 13 years without tasting another.  Take from that what you like...

Many moons ago he made something that automated the switching of wrapping plastic.  He was left with an open mouth when a Choice/Which magazine test was published in The Age.  All of the different pies were taste tested and graded, various store home brands, 4'n20, Herbert Adams - all of which came out of the plant in Kensington via his quick wrapper change thingie.

When I couldn't be bothered to make pastry, the only ones he would eat from the freezer were Big Ben, but I've never seen them here.  Different ones in the freezers in the supermarkets, suck it and see.  Sausage King pies are decent, to be honest they're the only ones I've tried here.  Mr K agrees, and says UN Irish aren't too bad but the ones at Kaseem are just gravy sandwhiches and not great tasting.

I've seen Sausage King in Tops and I think Big C Extra or you can have a tootle out to San Sai.  Delivery is available but only worth it if you're stocking up - if you are, his pork and leek sausages are amazing.  I've been perfecting my recipie for them this year, and can't get close enough to pass the test.

(Mr K gets a fancying for a pie every now and again and doesn't rest until he gets one, either home made or bought.  The pastry gives him heartburn.  Every. Time.)