Electric vehicles of all kinds

4 minutes ago, driver52 said:

who is to say what is genuinely needed? The only certainty is the world runs on propaganda; if not why are there so many fat eejits in the west? lol

We need to consume less and an EV is pants if you live in the middle of nowhere.....whatever happened to keeping a 15 year old Peugeot running? I guess they were too lightweight for the fatties eh 🤣

Well I'd rather follow the recommendations of independenet experts than the vested interests of the fossil fuel industry. Talking of which, fossil fuels are what the world has run on since the industrial revolution (not propaganda). That's what's got us to the current position, warts and all.

But yes, maintaining an old Peugeot 205 has its merits.

Most of the time I'm in deep country, but my Volvo hybrid does pretty well on our home generated solar electricity.

The thing is, we're all of us on the cusp of a major global change, some people embrace it, some people try to resist the irresistible.

The Luddites tried to resist new technology (textile machinery) back in the 18th century. Needless to say they failed. The new machinery propelled the UK into the industrial revolution, to be followed by every other nation on earth eventually.

King Canute tried to push back the sea, needless to say he failed too.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Further to this:   I have two electric cars. Fantastic! I will never have a petrol or diesel car again.   Earlier this year, I twice drove from Phuket to Bangkok and back again.

And......?    😋

I am bored of reading comments about EVs not being green.  If you have an EV it is a natural next step to want to have solar. Solar panels have a useful life of 30 years so mine will outlast me. I cha

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, blackprince said:

King Canute tried to push back the sea, needless to say he failed too.

Not exactly. He sat at the shoreline to demonstrate to his courtiers that his powers did not extend to commanding the tide not to come in.

11 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Not exactly. He sat at the shoreline to demonstrate to his courtiers that his powers did not extend to commanding the tide not to come in.

Quite so, Canute demonstrated to his courtiers that it was futile to attempt to turn back the tide.

Just as the efforts of the Luddites to turn back the technological changes of the industrial revolution were futile .

Just as the efforts of people attempting turn back the current technological revolution are futile..

30 minutes ago, blackprince said:

Well I'd rather follow the recommendations of independenet experts than the vested interests of the fossil fuel industry

there aren't any 'independent experts' though! They're all funded/bribed by someone with a VI! I agree that the oil industry has created massive problems...like when they decided to destroy the rail networks in Europe cos it was more profitable to have everything on the roads......

From a moral view I agree big oil sux ass BUT from an investment perspective they're going to make plenty of moolah over the next few years.....mainly cos this 'climate change' is a load o <deleted> when the SUN still calls all the shots 🤪

PS I love technology, I wish we'd concentrate more on ebikes rather than lardy motor vehicles that have a terrible range......and I think hybrids are a complete POS 

Edited by driver52
1 hour ago, driver52 said:

who is to say what is genuinely needed? The only certainty is the world runs on propaganda; if not why are there so many fat eejits in the west? lol

We need to consume less and an EV is pants if you live in the middle of nowhere.....whatever happened to keeping a 15 year old Peugeot running? I guess they were too lightweight for the fatties eh 🤣

Who knows? Well, people can make an educated guess. The key is critical thinking which helps to sort evidence from propaganda.

Cars and all products have a 3 phaseife span. Making, usage and recycling.. Just using a product for a long time doesn't necessary help the situation as they tend to contribute more to climate change whilst in use and are less surabke for recycling after that 

18 minutes ago, driver52 said:

there aren't any 'independent experts' though! They're all funded/bribed by someone with a VI! I agree that the oil industry has created massive problems...like when they decided to destroy the rail networks in Europe cos it was more profitable to have everything on the roads......

From a moral view I agree big oil sux ass BUT from an investment perspective they're going to make plenty of moolah over the next few years.....mainly cos this 'climate change' is a load o <deleted> when the SUN still calls all the shots 🤪

PS I love technology, I wish we'd concentrate more on ebikes rather than lardy motor vehicles that have a terrible range......and I think hybrids are a complete POS 

Well I don't share your idea that it's all a big conspiracy driven by bribery and corruption if that's what you're saying. The opinion of the experts is worldwide. Anyway, this thread isn't the place for that. it's about "EVs of all sort" 🙂

Sure, the big players will make money. I'm not advocating the dismantling of capitalism 555. Though I'd be happier if the rewards were distributed more equitably.

PS. I worked for a major management consultancy back  in the 90s as a data science project manager. We had a big hush hush project for one of the leading worldwide tobacco firms. Non disclosure agreements and all that. NDAs are common in management consultancy of course, but the locked doors on this project were a first!

Needless to say the firm was being paid big bucks to present the data in the least bad light for big tobacco. It's clear that's what big oil has been doing for a while now.

But the cat's out of the bag.

Bye for today. Got to get back to real life.