4 minutes ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

I see little mention of this anywhere

That's because no detailed real plan has been announced.

I would bet though, that some type of COE will be required.

• Thanks 1

Just went through BKK yesterday.  I believe the following will be place until further notice:

1.  COE

2. Covid 19 Insurance

3  Screening at the Airport by the Health Ministry. More like prove your vaccination status.

One more thing, no one asked about the Thailand Plus app(RIP??).  

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

Just went through BKK yesterday.  I believe the following will be place until further notice:

1.  COE

2. Covid 19 Insurance

3  Screening at the Airport by the Health Ministry. More like prove your vaccination status.

If they are promising opening in Nov they will need to remove a bunch of those steps.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

1.  COE

2. Covid 19 Insurance

Forgive me for appearing to have been living under a rock for the last six months, but I have not been paying close attention to the ever changing landscape. Is there a definitive guide to requirements for re-entering Thailand, (I need to leave and return)? I will be going to Hong Kong, so I presume I will have to upload all info for COE to the Thai Consulate General there. Grateful if you can point me in the right direction to a guide sheet.

Edited by samtam

Samtam, here is what I did.  

1. Current Non OA Visa which has multi entry

2. Already had the OA Visa and Covid 19 compliant Health Insurance policy from Pacific Cross

3. I left about in late August for the USA

4. While in the USA I applied for the COE from the LA Thai Consulate

5. I had to upload Visa, health insurance, flight back to BKK and confirmation of ASQ Hotel Booking

6. Get the RT-PCR at least 72 hours before flight

7. Go to the airport and check-in

8. Arrive at BKK and go through the entry process(Ministry of Health and Immigration)

9. Get driven to ASQ hotel where I am currently watching the Los Angeles Dodgers on MLB. TV.

Good luck.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Small note

If you are planning on anything more than 14 days in advance be ready to change whatever your plans was-is.

From my own experience in the last 18 months I have entered LOS 3 times, 2 ASQ and 1 Phuket sandbox, and the Thai government Guidelines, policies, rules and regulations don’t last longer than 30 days.

So be very cautious with what you think will be the situation next month, or the month after that.

Plan your trip by all means but don’t expect the current requirements to be in place, as always stay updated and be flexible try not to pay or confirm anything until the last possible day or days, I’m not paying for anything until 72-48hours before my next trip to LOS which will be end of Novemeber.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

If they are promising opening in Nov they will need to remove a bunch of those steps.

Depending on what the "opening" will mean. If, as reported, no necessity for quarantine for fully vaccinated passengers, then the requirements for the COE will have to be altered as far as staying in listed hotels, which will make life much easier. If the other requirements remain unchanged (tests, telephone app. and the like)  or are altered remains to be seen. I do plan to travel to Europe for 2 weeks in Late November, but I am not making any arrangements until the beginning of November, depending on what happens by then. However, I am not giving up on hoping......

• 2 weeks later...

On a whim just booked a flight on 5th Nov. Possibly too hasty (It's a flexible ticket though), and no idea what to do. I've emailed the UK embassy for advice, I'll share it once (if) I hear anything...

1 hour ago, pazienza said:

On a whim just booked a flight on 5th Nov. Possibly too hasty (It's a flexible ticket though), and no idea what to do. I've emailed the UK embassy for advice, I'll share it once (if) I hear anything...

A mate due to fly on the 3rd November was in contact with them today and told to "wait a few more days".  I think they know as much as us.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, treetops said:

A mate due to fly on the 3rd November was in contact with them today and told to "wait a few more days".  I think they know as much as us.

I'm due to arrive end of Oct and will do one week quarantine, i'd not risk relying on November opening until it's be in operation for at least a couple of weeks.

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm due to arrive end of Oct and will do one week quarantine, i'd not risk relying on November opening until it's be in operation for at least a couple of weeks.

100% agreed.  I flew last week for precisely that reason.  He was in the UK following a bereavement and then unfortunately came down with Covid, otherwise would have returned then too.

The Government and TAT are marketing "NO MORE COE come to Thailand", but in reality the new system (Thailand Pass) will be an COE in different format

You will still need to upload your documents, and then wait for confirmation

Its going to be ready on the ???? of November

my advice wait until November 4th, and DONT PAY until then

Here’s a screenshot from a stakeholder meeting

839004999_ScreenShot2021-10-16at1_41_59PM.png.48a47cc787321196f20dedf3ddd16236.png

Edited by bolt
3 minutes ago, treetops said:

100% agreed.  I flew last week for precisely that reason.  He was in the UK following a bereavement and then unfortunately came down with Covid, otherwise would have returned then too.

you appear to take the covid virus with a laxed sense of importance ....  Covid kills thousands and just yesterday a 15 yr old healthy girl in Auss died in ICU from ' coming down ' with Covid.   

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

you appear to take the covid virus with a laxed sense of importance ....  Covid kills thousands and just yesterday a 15 yr old healthy girl in Auss died in ICU from ' coming down ' with Covid.   

There's loads of horror stories like the one you mention, no nice that's agreed.

However, the life myst go on.

• Like 1

Essential would be to skip the PCR test on entry or replace it by an antigen rapid test. If not they won't be able to provide a result fast enough and that would mean you'd have to stay in somewhat like a quarantaine for at least one day.

But all about the "new rules" is nothing than speculation. I doubt even the so called autorities know more than this forum right now. TiT

Edited by JustAnotherHun

no have COE, yippee!

but have thailand pass, oh...

most of my friends have decided to give it until january before doing anything about returning. i'm inclined to think that's a good plan

7 minutes ago, treetops said:

I think you've put 2 and 2 together and got the square root of a boiled egg as a result.  Nothing in my post was about the seriousness of Covid.

i like boiled eggs ....      lol

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Essential would be to skip the PCR test on entry or replace it by an antigen rapid test. If not they won't be able to provide a result dast enough and that would mean you'd have to stay in somewhat like a quarantaine for at least one day.

But all about the "new rules" is nothing than speculation. I doubt even the so called autorities know more than this forum right now. TiT

depends what test processing capacity they have. going by the lack of domestic testing to date i'd guess it's not that great. but i may be wrong.

4 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

depends what test processing capacity they have. going by the lack of domestic testing to date i'd guess it's not that great. but i may be wrong.

They'll never have enough capacity for PCR tests. They have to be done by a labrotory. Imagine there are two or three planes coming in at the same time. The only solution would be an antigen rapid test to handle it.

This is all looking like a mess as usual. My partner who has Thai and British passports and is double jabbed is landing on, wait for it, November the 1st. This has been booked for 7 months. Should I fill in the COE form now just incase she needs it or hold tight and wait for the pass. Should I book a quarantine hotel or not? I am someone who likes all my ducks in a row and the Thai way of doing things stresses me out 😄 

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2021 at 9:00 PM, steven100 said:

so somebody die of covid/ 

my wife got covid about 1 month after Pilfer vaccination.   -  so much for vaccination

Within 3 days  my 9 year old son got sick with covid.  we live and sleep together for the whole week of infection. i kiss and hug my son for a week with mucus dripping from his nose. My 10 year old daughter slept with the boy and  in close contact never got the covid.    Daughter is not vaccinated and never got infected-  so much for mask wearing.

With all the close contact and no mask wearing i also tested negative.after a week sleeping with covid sick patient.

Can we says nobody knows anything sure about COVID.  especially the vaccine maker and the government  in charge.

3 hours ago, ded said:

so somebody die of covid/ 

my wife got covid about 1 month after Pilfer vaccination.   -  so much for vaccination

Within 3 days  my 9 year old son got sick with covid.  we live and sleep together for the whole week of infection. i kiss and hug my son for a week with mucus dripping from his nose. My 10 year old daughter slept with the boy and  in close contact never got the covid.    Daughter is not vaccinated and never got infected-  so much for mask wearing.

With all the close contact and no mask wearing i also tested negative.after a week sleeping with covid sick patient.

Can we says nobody knows anything sure about COVID.  especially the vaccine maker and the government  in charge.

I don't believe your story because if you are in close contact with a person who is infected with the covid19 virus you will most certainly 100% catch the virus.   

I'll continue to take my chances and wear a mask in public .....    but thanks for the story.