3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Don't.

You might get sued.

Not worth the trouble.

Enjoy Thailand!

More then sued defamation is a crime in Thailand he could go to jail sections 326 and 328 of the Thailand Penal Code.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

More then sued defamation is a crime in Thailand he could go to jail sections 326 and 328 of the Thailand Penal Code.

Either way not worth it, no matter how justified a bad review is.

5 hours ago, lassebasse said:

I did my ASQ at the Silver Palm Hotel in BKK and had all the water and coffe I could drink for free. Also fruit, juices, joghurts, cockies etc for free. The only thing I had to buy from outside was fresh milk.

By the way a 12-pack 0,5 liter water bottles at TescoLotus/BigC is just around 50 baht.

Hit and miss with those hotels.

Sounds as if yours was ok.

22 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I guess you've never stayed in a hotel before ?

Yes, I actually have stayed in a hotel.  Tonray, have you been in an ASQ hotel because this is completely different.  One pays much more because food and water are part of the package.  if this had been a normal stay then I would have not argument.

It's called gouging... get used to it.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Yes, double pricing and gouging occur in LOS.  But when one was in a quarantine hotel "you can't just walk away".  If this had been a normal hotel stay then I would have options.  Next time you are in a quarantine hotel and  feel like you are being gouged, try and walk away before the end of your quarantine period.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Looking forward to the review.

Thai owned hotels are best left for Thais who think luxury is an ironing board in the closet.

and  those  are  half  size  anyway

• Haha 1

This post is a good reason to upscale when you chose an ASQ hotel. I did a while back, when it was the dreaded 14. 

Better to pay n' get more.

No plastic sheeting over the carpets (kinda like a nightmarish reflection of CSI or something haha 🤣), outdoor balcony (often), room service up the wazzoo, free this free that, free wifi, great cable, a bath, impeccable speedy room requests, glorious food, often access to a garden sunshine area each day, enough room and fresh air to work out daily, A no brainer. Pay the extra grand I say.

Tropposurfer, yeah I looked at 50,000 to 60,000 ASQ hotels but I had spent almost 45,000 on my first ASQ experience earlier this and I just got tired of spending that for so little.  This time I was disappointed again.  Hopefully this will be my last time experiencing the joys of BKK quarantine.  

• Like 1
On 10/9/2021 at 7:23 AM, tonray said:

I guess you've never stayed in a hotel before ?

Are there any ASQ hotels that do not have a fridge in the room? Fourteen days in a hot country like Thailand without a fridge, of course there's the AC, but you still need cold drinks. If so, that is just ridiculous, no excuse at all with the extortionate prices they charge. Even the cheapest hotels and guesthouses have a fridge and two bottles of water per day.

• Like 1
On 10/9/2021 at 7:33 AM, LomSak27 said:

Second that statement - ask if room is carpeted also - if it is they will cover it with plastic and duct tape it. That will help with a mildew scent to the room BTW. Just so you can get a fuller, more dumpster, ambiance.

In my case, they had the mini fridge packed with the usual junk & snacks which naturally I avoided. What I did not realize is I had already paid for the full fridge a <deleted>. Yep tired jet lagged. I arrived at 1 in the morning. BUT nothing on their info I had received mentioned that. I only found out when I settled misc. bills on exit. I survived but nothing good to say about hotel or staff.  

Definitely second that statement. No need to bother about defamation laws if you state your experience without critizising them.

"as a customer you should and vote with your feet, just walk away..." Form an ASQ hotel you have already paid for??

• Like 1
19 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Don't.

You might get sued.

Not worth the trouble.

Enjoy Thailand!

You won't get sued if you just state things that happened without being critical.

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

This post is a good reason to upscale when you chose an ASQ hotel. I did a while back, when it was the dreaded 14. 

No plastic sheeting over the carpets (kinda like a nightmarish reflection of CSI or something haha 🤣), outdoor balcony (often), room service up the wazzoo, free this free that, free wifi, great cable, a bath, impeccable speedy room requests, glorious food, often access to a garden sunshine area each day, enough room and fresh air to work out daily, A no brainer. Pay the extra grand I say.

Extra grand???? Extra 20 or 30 grand more like.

My ASQ hotel provided tons of free water, it was there plastic wrapped, more than i could drink. Overall experience? The hotel staff were amazing and helped all they could. Would I do it again? NEVER. 

17 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Where did you stay?

It sounds great.

Aspen Suites Bangkok.  I have kept the message.  By refusing to pay 20 Baht for a 500 ML bottle of water during my quarantine stay is offensive or defamatory then they contact me. 

• 4 weeks later...

When doing quarantine last year, I asked how much water was provided before booking.   

I think it was 1 litre per day and I consume at least 2 litres.

Whilst their price for additional water would not damage my finances,  I do not like being exploited.  

So a couple of times a day, I would boil a kettle full of water.    Allow it to cool, then fill the empty water bottles and put this in the fridge.     Plenty of time for such tasks whilst in quarantine.

Edited by jaizan