Tv Friday Nights Out

bazmlb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to get my hands on one of those small tweed fender tube amps, him and ronnie play to practice backstage. :o

I have a 2x12 Fender De Ville - all valve amp if you are interested. Or a Marshall 2x12 commemorative issue Bluesbreaker Both are in custom road cases.

When I come back down I will bring my strat.

CB

It sure was a great night.....although after downing the 5th Rubber Nipple (what is that drink made of??) things became slightly blurred :o

Great to meet friends old and new and a big thanks to the management and staff for helping the evening go with a swing.

The Outback Bar is a great venue and would probably be perfect for future TV gatherings. :D

It sure was a great night.....although after downing the 5th Rubber Nipple (what is that drink made of??) things became slightly blurred :o

Great to meet friends old and new and a big thanks to the management and staff for helping the evening go with a swing.

The Outback Bar is a great venue and would probably be perfect for future TV gatherings. :D

My only complaint is that it a hard place to leave. In a way I am glad my taxi decided it was time to go otherwise I would have been in all sorts of trouble. :D

It sure was a great night.....although after downing the 5th Rubber Nipple (what is that drink made of??) things became slightly blurred :D

My only complaint is that it a hard place to leave. In a way I am glad my taxi decided it was time to go otherwise I would have been in all sorts of trouble. :D

Whnever this taxi decides to leave and you decide not, you are in deep trouble indeed.... :o

I have quaffed many a nipple in my time but not a rubber nipple since the time I was still in triangular pants :D

The drink is a "slippery nipple" and is a half shot of Sambucca with a half shot of Bailey's Irish Cream floated on top. Served in a standard shot glass and drunk in a single swallow.

FYI other recipes that follow the theme are:

Dirty Nipple recipe

1 part Kahlua® coffee liqueur

1 part sambuca

1 part Bailey's® Irish cream

Layer the ingredients in order - the Bailey's must be on top

The Hard Nipple

this is harder to make but doing it right has a terrific visual effect

10 ml grenadine syrup

1/2 oz Carolans® Irish cream

1/2 oz DeKuyper® Buttershots liqueur

Pour the buttershots and carolanns into a shot glass in layers as normal.

Using an eye dropper or glass tube add the grenadine to form a perfect nipple in the bottom of the shot glass.

Take as shooter, lick nipple from bottom of glass.

Enjoy

CB

My night was memorable. Great to meet (again) alot of faces that I've never met before. Of course, driving to Cambodia that day for a visa run and then (without eating) drinking 10 beers before i arrived at outback was probably the reason i ended up at Burger King at 11pm and piked the rest of the night. Nevertheless I did sample some Slippery Nipples before bed but not at outback....... in fact they weren't even drinks. Cheers fellas..... until next time!

It's another Friday coming up anytime soon!

What about starting this time at the new beer garden and do the Walking Street stroll? We haven't done that one or a while...ice bar springs to mind..... :o

What about starting this time at the new beer garden and do the Walking Street stroll? We haven't done that one or a while...ice bar springs to mind..... :o

I wonder if this is the same as the Ice Bar on Sukhumvit. Has a cold room upstairs with subzero shots of vodka.

I am back in Chiang Mai this week but will be back asap.

Enjoy the night out.

CB

What time would you loke to start. happy hour at the Beer garden doesn't start until 9PM.

Barry

Normal beer prices (most) : 55 baht

Happy hour beer prices: 50 baht

Nuff said :o

They've put the prices up? Last time I was in there for happy hour I was drinking Strongbow, and the missus was on Barcardi breezer, 150 baht and 130 baht respectively for 30 baht each - now that was value for money :D I was also amazed just how many Strongbows can be consumed in 2 hours if you really put your mind to it

that used to be 40 Baht, now i is 50....come on guys....it is frickin' fifty Baht and outside happy hours the Tiger Beer trades at 55....with seaview...I mean....how cheap are you? :o

No one posted what time, so I guess we missed it tonight.

Barry

I'll be arriving in Pattaya late on the 6th June so will miss that night but will keep login on to find the time and location for the 13th and hope to meet you all then.

regards to all lilBob :o

Mal is having the first birthday of his bar PJ Pantip at the top of Soi Khao Noi tomorrow (friday) night - music & free food.

If you go right up Khao Noi to the 45 degree right hander, then after that there is a 7 - 11 on the left hand side, go straight on for about 150 metres - PJ Bar & Rest is just on the left before entrance to PJ Housing estate.

okokok....after several PM's going back and forth, I am the chosen one to announce that tomorrow's TV Friday night out starts at 7 pm at Tropical Bert's in Soi 6/1 and at sharp around 9-ish we will move to the Ouback bar to satisfy the younger crow(d) *

raro himself will be present. For autographs, kindly refer to my road manager.

* that was a rather complicated pun, for explanation you may PM me...

okokok....after several PM's going back and forth, I am the chosen one to announce that tomorrow's TV Friday night out starts at 7 pm at Tropical Bert's in Soi 6/1 and at sharp around 9-ish we will move to the Ouback bar to satisfy the younger crow(d) *

raro himself will be present. For autographs, kindly refer to my road manager.

* that was a rather complicated pun, for explanation you may PM me...

I got it :o

I will make an effort to get there tomorrow as I haven't been for ages. See you at Bert's.

It was good to see the gang again last night. It had been a while since I saw some of you.

Glad to see y'all were not too out of practice in picking me up off the floor.

I most appreciated the very timely dance the fine gentleman (sorry Not sure of his TV name) offered me when things were starting to get bird brained.

kdf

Edited by kdf

I had a great night with you all. In particular its was great to meet up with an old friend and his wife to be. Hadn't see them both for a long time. :D

But perhaps we need to invent a 'bum pad' so if the inevitable happens with one or more of us and we go down on our arse there is a bit more padding! They could be handed out at the beginning of the evening. Perhaps a blow up small tyre inner tube might do? :o

How was the night-out? Have I been there? Why was there a half-empty beer bottle in the car last morning?

You should know you left early with the wife! :o

interesting theory.....