Bangkok’s Metropolitan Electric Authority gets defensive about netizen’s comments on viral Russell Crowe picture

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The City and public works should be responsible for all lines they allow to be hoisted aloft instead of them being buried in a conduit in the ground.

If one wants government services then they have to be paid for by taxes. If we pay tax we are entitled to ask or complain.

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

to bury these cables in the ground... work enpough for them and the street looks better , It is safer, people have something to do and get paid....Make the country better... But this is Thailand

The cables that are as overhead lines, not buried? Don't we see it also in some much richer countries, do we?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

It has nothing to do with rich country or not....more about safety and the messy look

7 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

It has nothing to do with rich country or not....more about safety and the messy look

Yes, I agree,. But are we always so surprised about the conditions here in this poor country while we hadn't seen it and not being concerned in our own home countries?  

18 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Make the country better... But this is Thailand

Edited by Saanim

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

How dare a dirty farang comment on Bangkok cabling!

The fact that the MEA allows their poles to be used in this manner, should just be ignored!

The poles are there for motorists to drive into. Some companies then decided they'd be useful to hang their wires on rather than fill in the 100 forms necessary to ask for permission to dig trenches to bury them.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

To be fair, they are not wrong.

Most of those are TOT and 3BB cables.

Still pretty ugly though.

Yes, the bad part is that when people change providers those Unused cables/wires are never taken down. 

One could say that the providers are too Lazy to take down their Unused cables/wires .

the Govment should Make them to take down those cables/wires.

5 hours ago, Saanim said:

The cables that are as overhead lines, not buried? Don't we see it also in some much richer countries, do we?

If in crossing a desert, maybe yes.....????

But low tension cables hanging on poles down virtually every road or high street, weeeeell, guess you can show us the pictures of it in richer countries..????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

If in crossing a desert, maybe yes.....????

But low tension cables hanging on poles down virtually every road or high street, weeeeell, guess you can show us the pictures of it in richer countries..????

I was commenting on: "to bury these cables in the ground".  Don't you see the cables hanging on poles in many rural areas of developed countries?

10 hours ago, Saanim said:

I was commenting on: "to bury these cables in the ground".  Don't you see the cables hanging on poles in many rural areas of developed countries?

"In rural areas"...Yes, not down near every high street as in LOS....

The mains supply in LOS is just a cheap way out.

I worked on mains back home more than 50 years back, virtually everything was underground.

We even replaced underground mains from the early days of electricity because it was not armoured.

2 hours ago, transam said:

"In rural areas"...Yes, not down near every high street as in LOS....

The mains supply in LOS is just a cheap way out.

I worked on mains back home more than 50 years back, virtually everything was underground.

We even replaced underground mains from the early days of electricity because it was not armoured.

Actually, I can say the same about myself...  

On 10/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, ikke1959 said:

Well I hope the State Governments in Australia take note of your comments because outside of the CBD of most cities the power cables are overhead.

I would suggest it’s about money as the cost of putting existing cables underground is huge.