Jump to content

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just got a letter from my daughters schools (International) saying they want to have a rehearsal for re-opening onsite on Monday 29th Nov. We have to take a video of my daughter doing a ATK Covid test, send the video to school and carry pictures of her doing the test. 

 

I asked the school where we pick up the test kits from and the response was to go to a pharmacy and pay ourselves. Is this what every school is doing? I find it hard to believe that every family will be able to afford to pay for these kits themselves (don't know how much they are). Surely these should be provided FOC by the Gov if it is their insistence on the kids having the tests

International school---re-opening on 29th november?

My daughter's school is already open for 3 weeks and yes, they have to do a weekly covid test and send it during the weekend to school. No test, not admitted to school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

International school---re-opening on 29th november?

My daughter's school is already open for 3 weeks and yes, they have to do a weekly covid test and send it during the weekend to school. No test, not admitted to school.

Don't know if it was anything to do with the gov's rules but was your daughter double vaxxed before going back? My daughter didn't get her 2nd one till 8th Nov. I also think my daughters school have been a little slow in submitting paperwork to the gov but that is hearsay among parents

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know if it was anything to do with the gov's rules but was your daughter double vaxxed before going back? My daughter didn't get her 2nd one till 8th Nov. I also think my daughters school have been a little slow in submitting paperwork to the gov but that is hearsay among parents

Now, my daughter is double vaxxed.

Every child has to do a weekly test at home and to submit to school.

Nothing submitted, no entry to school.

On top, they do random tests at school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

International school---re-opening on 29th november?

My daughter's school is already open for 3 weeks and yes, they have to do a weekly covid test and send it during the weekend to school. No test, not admitted to school.

As for the weekly test. How much are you paying and where from? Pretty sure this is only applicable to private schools because I doubt very much that Thai schools will be forcing parents to stump up for it every week

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

Now, my daughter is double vaxxed.

So she wasn't double vaxxed before going back? My daughters school said the school had to be 85% double vaxxed before they could go back. Wonder if there are different rules for different zones throughout the country

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Cheers Brewster. That was going to be my next question. Don't mind paying as a one off but if it was say twice a week every week it wouldn't really be fair as it is at the gov's insistence. 

 

 

The kids won't like that either! There were a few watery eyes after yesterday's testing!

They say"random testing" but it was over 100 students and teachers from 3 grade levels (all students). And more to be tested today. Medical staff did the testing, so I guess the school/government is supporting the hospital in doing this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As for the weekly test. How much are you paying and where from? Pretty sure this is only applicable to private schools because I doubt very much that Thai schools will be forcing parents to stump up for it every week

We bought it from pharmacy. 5 kits, 1250Baht I think it was

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So she wasn't double vaxxed before going back? My daughters school said the school had to be 85% double vaxxed before they could go back. Wonder if there are different rules for different zones throughout the country

Last vaccine was last sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

We bought it from pharmacy. 5 kits, 1250Baht I think it was

 

Just been to a few different places to look around for prices. Then a mate pinged me a message. Mr DIY sell them for 75baht each and you can get them on Lazada for 59baht. Just got the Mr DIY one for 75baht but will order some off Lazada aswell

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just been to a few different places to look around for prices. Then a mate pinged me a message. Mr DIY sell them for 75baht each and you can get them on Lazada for 59baht. Just got the Mr DIY one for 75baht but will order some off Lazada aswell

Is that for a Covid test ?

Can you upload a photo of what they look like ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Why?  You don't care about your students' education or mental health?  As long as the paycheck clears it's all good?

Indeed. The money comes rolling in and this dude is good to go.😆

I say again what everyone knows I always say: the best class is a class without students at all.

Edited by MarcelV
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Indeed. The money comes rolling in and this dude is good to go.😆

I say again what everyone knows I always say: the best class is a class without students at all.

Yeah I'm torn on it. We're back on site in January ourselves.  On the one hand, being there is probably better educationally and socially.  On the other hand, I've grown accustomed to having my coffee and working from my desk.  I suppose that's just life!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...