Kasikorn expects 180,000 foreign tourists in last two months of 2021 - real benefit of reopening next year

webfact

2pm.jpg

File photo for reference only

The Kasikorn bank's research arm has predicted that 180,000 foreign tourists will arrive in Thailand in November and December. 

This will represent a 64% improvement on previous numbers.

They noted that potential vistors from the US, EU and the Middle East in particular were busy Googling accommodation sites as interest grows. 

The noises coming from the government about the November 1st reopening were good signs that tourism would be back on the road to recovery.

Though they cautioned that this year will see low numbers and that the real improvement would not come until 2022. 

Double vaxed foreigners who have had tests before and after coming to Thailand will be welcomed from the start of next month, noted Thai business media with the details of which countries that will be allowed access still to be ironed out. 

The focus for the next phase of the reopening is on 15 mainly tourism strong  provinces though much still depends on infection rates in each area, the think tank cautioned. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-10-18

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

Possible, 180k is not a big number. However, You can only apply Thailand pass 7days prior the flight, I hate it.

oh.  I had not heard 7 days time limit.  That makes it a bit challenging given the current international flight schedules are not as robust as before COVID.  And this all assumes the site works and gives you a result quickly and does not bog down.  Many Thai online applications do not have a great reliability or usability history

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I might be number 180,001 st if they knock off a few of the proposed hoops that vaccinated arrivals have to go through.  I have the time and the money and almost the desire

Which confirms my suspicion that "Googling accomodation sites" does not necessarily translate to booking holidays, this year or at all...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tonray said:

220 baht ATM windfall here we come !

Is that the standard ATM charge now? I still thought of it as 180 baht. Imagine, just got stiffed for the 500 bat tourist tax, then you go to an ATM and get this..... you might strangle your taxi driver if he tries it on!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

That represents a downturn of about 98% from 2019, and that's using averaged daily figures without factoring the peak high season travel numbers.

Probably also find that tourism numbers this year will be 98% less than last year's 2020 when they still had Q1 tourism. So their tourism is going down, not up

4 hours ago, tonray said:

And not one of them will have the work permit they'll require to open an account. 220 baht ATM windfall here we come !

We are talking here about tourists. Why should a tourist wish to have a Thai Bank Account? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tonray said:

And not one of them will have the work permit they'll require to open an account. 220 baht ATM windfall here we come !

I just opened an account with Kasikorn and I dont have a work permit.

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

We are talking here about tourists. Why should a tourist wish to have a Thai Bank Account? 

So as not to have to pay 220 baht on every withdrawal?

(Not to mention likely other charges for using foreign cards)

I could see a Thai bank account as being extremely useful to a regular tourist. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Kasikorn bank's research arm has predicted that 180,000 foreign tourists will arrive in Thailand in November and December.

Thank god I don't bank with them, if I did I might be moving my money to somewhere safer.

1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

You might be expecting a visit from the secret provincial authorities before long. 

I am not afraid. let them come, My name is Zza09 and my information can be found on the forum formerly known as TVF. Come if you dare. ????

I also will like to confess to a bunch of other crimes , me Zza09 committed while posing as Sirineou, that include but is not limited to,  devil worshiping and partly hiding behind a mask. 

• Haha 2

They must be wrong. TAT inked a 200 million Thai Baht deal for a New Year's Eve performance of an Italian opera singer and a Thai teeny jumping up and down for some Korean viewers. 

According to the TAT, this will generate 75 billion Thai Baht as one million foreigners (1,000,000) will be attending the function with an average spending of 75,000 Thai Baht per foreigner. 

Unclear is, where they want to accomodate one million rich tourists from faraway lands - or - what kind of weed they've been smoking again to come up with such timid humble numbers ....... 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

They must be wrong. TAT inked a 200 million Thai Baht deal for a New Year's Eve performance of an Italian opera singer and a Thai teeny jumping up and down for some Korean viewers. 

According to the TAT, this will generate 75 billion Thai Baht as one million foreigners (1,000,000) will be attending the function with an average spending of 75,000 Thai Baht per foreigner. 

Unclear is, where they want to accomodate one million rich tourists from faraway lands - or - what kind of weed they've been smoking again to come up with such timid humble numbers ....... 

......and truly benefit who?

KResearch: Thai Tourism Will See Improvement in 2022

By Suwit Rattiwan

3ed835eeeb8c3ddb638020677bac0a51_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Kasikorn Research Centre (KResearch) is optimistic that the Thai tourism industry will see improvement next year as Thailand is going to allow fully vaccinated visitors from low-risk countries to enter the kingdom without quarantine from November 1.

According to KResearch’s estimate, there will be around 180,000 foreign visitors in 2021, who will generate at least 13.5 billion baht for the Thai tourism industry.

Government measures including sandbox schemes as well as the special tourist visa program are contributing to the increasing number of foreign arrivals. The Phuket Sandbox scheme, first launched in July, proves to be very popular among tourists from the US, the UK, Germany, and the Middle East.

In addition, Google’s travel insight data shows people have been increasingly hunting for good hotel or accommodation deals in Thailand.

The research center suggests that the government efficiently manage the virus and fully vaccinate more than 70 percent of the population, in order to bring Thailand’s tourism back to its full potential.

nnt.jpg

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Phuket Sandbox scheme, first launched in July, proves to be very popular among tourists from the US, the UK, Germany, and the Middle East.

Yes, 'very popular', with these nations by % of arrivals, but very unpopular as a tourist destination as seen by disastrous arrivals of about 300 a day of these nations from July to now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is that the standard ATM charge now? I still thought of it as 180 baht. Imagine, just got stiffed for the 500 bat tourist tax, then you go to an ATM and get this..... you might strangle your taxi driver if he tries it on!

I wouldn't, some of them seem to be tooled up or armed, loaded, cocked and ready for action.