Jump to content

Difference in AQ and SHA+ hotel and how soon can we do the online form?


Recommended Posts

If I am returning to Bangkok on November 20th, how soon can I do the online form to enter Thailand?

 

The passenger locator form cannot be completed for the UK until 48 hours prior to flying. Is Thailand similar with the COE /Thailand Pass?

 

I am aware and like others, awaiting the online Thailand Pass that is replacing the COE. I like to get stuff done way in advance id it is possible to do so whilst I have access to a desktop PC.

 

Also, what is this difference between AQ or SHA+ hotels that are coming up? as well as ASQ?, are they all similar or is there a marked difference?

 

I will have at least the 1 day quarantine to do, but know I must wait for the Thailand Pass to become active with whatever rules they have attached therein.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Salerno

 

Cheers , thanks a lot.

 

I find it all so much easier though on a desktop instead of fiddling around with a mobile phone.

 

I am not panicking, it is what it is and I will just find the way to get it done.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

However, the CoE will be replaced by the ThailandPass which will be hosted on https://tp.consular.go.th/  It is not online at the moment.

 

Yep, and from what I see it'll be online on either November 1 or November 2 onwards. And if a person wants to use the "Quarantine Free" option they should use the above site, instead of the COE Site. Even now on the COE site, there is not an option for "Quarantine Free". 

 

35 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

how soon can I do the online form to enter Thailand?

November 1 or November 2 onwards, just keep checking the website listed above by Nanlaew. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

 

 

However, for November onwards, the CoE will be 'replaced' by the ThailandPass which will be hosted on https://tp.consular.go.th/  It is not online at the moment but imagine it will be a similar upload of required info like the booking for the 1 or 2 night 'hold' at an approved hotel waiting arrival PCR test results (if using the first option).

Thanks again,

 

I can come out of my partly done application and re-enter as I get information to add to it then?

 

I will apply in UK for a PCR test but isn't that leaving it very short to get the result and enter it in on a Thailand Pass application and then confirm the hotel?

 

I was thinking the PCR test in the UK 72 hours before would be used as proof at the airport before allowing us to board, and then showing this in Thailand on arrival, then taking another PCR test in Thailand.

 

I didn't realize I would need it for the Thailand Pass online application?

 

 

 

Edited by Scouse123
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I was thinking the PCR test in the UK 72 hours before would be used as proof at the airport before allowing us to board, and then showing this in Thailand on arrival, then taking another PCR test in Thailand.

That is correct, it is not required to obtain the Thailand Pass.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Thanks again,

 

I can come out of my partly done application and re-enter as I get information to add to it then?

 

I will apply in UK for a PCR test but isn't that leaving it very short to get the result and enter it in on a Thailand Pass application and then confirm the hotel?

 

I was thinking the PCR test in the UK 72 hours before would be used as proof at the airport before allowing us to board, and then showing this in Thailand on arrival, then taking another PCR test in Thailand.

 

I didn't realize I would need it for the Thailand Pass online application?

 

 

 

My understanding is that after the pre-approval is issued for the CoE, it is saved on their database you have 15 days to upload the additional paperwork AND complete the trip.

 

My understanding is the pre-departure PCR test doesn't need to be uploaded to complete the CoE but it needs to be done within 72-hours of planned BKK arrival. You need it at check-in at MAN and on arrival at BKK. FWIW, I will be departing MAN and I plan on doing mine at the Randox drive-thru the day before using the 12-hour option, getting my head down for a night at an airport hotel and then flying the next morning, after receiving the test result.

 

My understanding is that ThailandPass will not be an app but acquired via the new 'tp' website (posted earlier), similar to the CoE one from the MFA. It may generate a QR code or similar that you can save/display or whatever they finally decide is the last step.

 

The pre-departure PCR test in the UK will get you on the plane but history has shown that -ve tested people can become +ve as aircraft cannot be guaranteed to be a Covid-free environment for 12 hours. Test on arrival is required in the UK but at they have alternatives to PCR like RTK whereas Thailand it is all about the PCR test.

 

The pre-departure PCR test result may be part of the data thats loaded into ThailandPass but like the CoE, I don't see it as being needed to be verified by the MFA first before the CoE/ThailandPass is approved.

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My understanding is the pre-departure PCR test doesn't need to be uploaded to complete the CoE but it needs to be done within 72-hours of planned BKK arrival.

This is not right. They state everywhere "within 72 hours before travelling. Wich should mean before departure of the first leg, if you have connection flights.

 

C97F29EE-D76F-4DCF-B4F5-EDBE407837C8.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My understanding is that after the pre-approval is issued for the CoE, it is saved on their database you have 15 days to upload the additional paperwork AND complete the trip.

 

My understanding is the pre-departure PCR test doesn't need to be uploaded to complete the CoE but it needs to be done within 72-hours of planned BKK arrival. You need it at check-in at MAN and on arrival at BKK. FWIW, I will be departing MAN and I plan on doing mine at the Randox drive-thru the day before using the 12-hour option, getting my head down for a night at an airport hotel and then flying the next morning, after receiving the test result.

 

My understanding is that ThailandPass will not be an app but acquired via the new 'tp' website (posted earlier), similar to the CoE one from the MFA. It may generate a QR code or similar that you can save/display or whatever they finally decide is the last step.

 

The pre-departure PCR test in the UK will get you on the plane but history has shown that -ve tested people can become +ve as aircraft cannot be guaranteed to be a Covid-free environment for 12 hours. Test on arrival is required in the UK but at they have alternatives to PCR like RTK whereas Thailand it is all about the PCR test.

 

The pre-departure PCR test result may be part of the data thats loaded into ThailandPass but like the CoE, I don't see it as being needed to be verified by the MFA first before the CoE/ThailandPass is approved.

 

 

 

 

You mentioned '...I plan on doing mine at the Randox drive-thru...'.

 

I don't know about other countries however for foreigners travelling from Australia to Thailand the required test is labelled as 'PCR test for International Travel'. 

 

In Australia the 'PCR test for International Travel' test can't be taken at a local temporary / similar test centre where folks go to check if they might be positive because they feel they have symptoms of Covid- 19, but not connected to international travel.

 

Further, unless the report has all the markings/type of paper required to prevent copying or alteration, and if requested the person holding the report must show the e.mail / SMS message that carried the report and must also now show a QR code symbol. All of this is checked thoroughly at check-in at Sydney airport before departure, on arrival for transit in Singapore and again on arrival in Bangkok.

 

Here in Australia folks about to travel to Thailand and other locations (and in my case transit/change aircraft in Singapore) must get the test administered at an internationally accredited lab, in Sydney, operated under the protocols etc., set down by the WHO, for international travel.  

 

I'm wondering if '...Randox drive-thru...', can do the test/report as required for international travel.

Maybe they can. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scorecard said:

You mentioned '...I plan on doing mine at the Randox drive-thru...'.

 

I don't know about other countries however for foreigners travelling from Australia to Thailand the required test is labelled as 'PCR test for International Travel'. 

 

In Australia the 'PCR test for International Travel' test can't be taken at a local temporary / similar test centre where folks go to check if they might be positive because they feel they have symptoms of Covid- 19, but not connected to international travel.

 

Further, unless the report has all the markings/type of paper required to prevent copying or alteration, and if requested the person holding the report must show the e.mail / SMS message that carried the report and must also now show a QR code symbol. All of this is checked thoroughly at check-in at Sydney airport before departure, on arrival for transit in Singapore and again on arrival in Bangkok.

 

Here in Australia folks about to travel to Thailand and other locations (and in my case transit/change aircraft in Singapore) must get the test administered at an internationally accredited lab, in Sydney, operated under the protocols etc., set down by the WHO, for international travel.  

 

I'm wondering if '...Randox drive-thru...', can do the test/report as required for international travel.

Maybe they can. 

 

Google it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JohanB said:

This is not right. They state everywhere "within 72 hours before travelling. Wich should mean before departure of the first leg, if you have connection flights.

 

C97F29EE-D76F-4DCF-B4F5-EDBE407837C8.jpeg

That's not my understanding, especially if one has a +24 hour flight plan but that's not my problem.

 

I have done several pre-flight PCR's (not for Thailand) and their acceptance has always been based on the date/time of the test and not the date/time of the result or the date/time the flight takes off.

 

The graphic you posted says "test result WITHIN 72 hours BEFORE traveling which appears to be a mangling of the language. Not being a grammar cop here but I have no faith in any translation of the MFA statement published in English-language Thai media.

 

For me, it is test within 72-hours of my ETA in BKK.

Edited by NanLaew
Link to post
Share on other sites

To apply for the 'Thailand Pass'; 7 and 9 days ahead has appeared on some reports. But official final announcements on this not yet appeared. 

 

MOFA has said it will take 2 to 3 days to process (mostly by AI applications) and reply to applicant.

 

We wait and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's not my understanding, especially if one has a +24 hour flight plan but that's not my problem.

 

I have done several pre-flight PCR's (not for Thailand) and their acceptance has always been based on the date/time of the test and not the date/time of the result or the date/time the flight takes off.

 

The graphic you posted says "test result WITHIN 72 hours BEFORE traveling which appears to be a mangling of the language. Not being a grammar cop here but I have no faith in any translation of the MFA statement published in English-language Thai media.

 

For me, it is test within 72-hours of my ETA in BKK.

I was always led to believe the same as you, that it was within 72 hours of the passenger expected to be physically at the terminal of destination and that certainly was the case for arrivals in Cambodia from Europe, as a friend of mine had difficulties.

 

I am due to fly back to Thailand on Saturday November 20th at 07.15 am arriving at 06.30am Sunday 21st November, Thai time, and booked my test for Thursday afternoon on the 18th November in the UK working UK time.

 

I couldn't leave it any later for fear of not receiving my result which I am allowing 24 hours to 36 hours. If positive I would allow me time to cancel the return flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I have done several pre-flight PCR's (not for Thailand) and their acceptance has always been based on the date/time of the test and not the date/time of the result or the date/time the flight takes off.

Tell us the countries and you might get agreement.  For entry to Thailand you're 100% wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...