Jump to content

Man seriously injured from electric shock while installing advertising sign in Banglamung


Recommended Posts

screenshot_15576.jpg

 

By Goong Nang(GN)

 

Banglamung – A 34 -year-old man has sustained serious injuries after suffering a significant electric shock while installing an advertising sign before falling down from ten meters high in Banglamung.

 

The Banglamung Police were notified of the incident at 6:00 P.M. yesterday (October 26th) in Soi Sukhumvit Pattaya 49 in Nongprue.

 

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find Mr. Sathit Menpuen, 34, on the ground. He had sustained severe injuries from burning to his face, although had survived the ten-meter fall without major injuries. He was rushed to a local hospital.

 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/27/man-seriously-injured-from-electric-shock-while-installing-advertising-sign-in-banglamung/

 

PattayaNews.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

A real bright spark.

Obviously neither skilled in electrical installation of safety when working at heights.

Get up there and fit this sign.... and connect it to the utility side!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I'm sure he was highly qualified in his profession, it must have been a freak accident hooking up to a live wire.

The aritcle says they accidentally contacted one of the power lines running along the poles outside the building.  He wasn't shocked from the wiring to the sign.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

A real bright spark.

Obviously neither skilled in electrical installation of safety when working at heights.

Rather mystified how you come to that conclusion . The only evidence we have is a unfortunate worker laying on the floor after being electrocuted with burns to his face .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, digger70 said:

Lucky to survive the ten meter fall never mind the electric charge he got.

I should think he was unconscious from the shock and fully relaxed on impact.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Crossy said:

From the linked article it looks like he contacted one of the 25kV lines, in which case he's very lucky to be alive (saved by using a bamboo ladder perhaps).

 

He also appears to have damaged the sign on the way down.

A bamboo ladder and flip-flops together would provide good insulation but with 25kV I should expect the soles of his feet to be burned......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...