Air con remote not working

Kenny202

Got a Samsung Aircon 18000 about 4 years old. Basic air con, not inverter. Regularly cleaned and serviced every 4 or 5 months. Recently done about 2 weeks ago. The remote has stopped working. The screen and everything is ok. New batteries. Everything appears to be functioning. I tested that there is an IR signal coming out of the LED (in my camera) and all ok. I cleaned the plastic screen covering the remote sensor on the unit. Even tried it without the screen. Still nothing. Interestingly the manual on / off button on the air con doesn't seem to be working either. The air con is still functioning fine but just unable to adjust anything or even turn it on or off. Doing so at the circuit breaker for now. 

Anything else I can try? Can pay someone to come and look at it of course but you know what a nightmare these things can turn into here.....from the guy not turning up after waiting all day, someone coming with no idea etc etc. Usually try and exhaust everything DIY first

Yeah, it does sound like a control board failure.

If the little board with the switches and sensor on it has a plug/socket connection try unplugging / re-plugging (I just fixed a CCTV camera like that). Wriggle cables looking for potential bad connections.

Failing that it's time to call the man I'm afraid. We have had good service from Samsung Service themselves and not too expensive, so if they service your area definitely worth a call.