Chatchai Checkpoint

john daniel

I need to go to Phang Nga. I've been told that as of now, no proof of vaccine is required and they've stopped swabbing. All very good but I was also told I would need to download the Mor Prom app, which, as I understand it, is proof of vaccination. Can anyone tell me why this would be a requirement to cross the bridge if all restrictions have been done away with? Thanks.

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond. Yes this is all very confusing. After doing a ton of research I found a local site with a link to go.thai or something. On further inspection, there was a brief 'registration' and a QR code thing. It appears that for those who are not 'vaccinated' an antigen test can be bought from just about any pharmacy and you can DIY now? The pharmacist I use wished me a bon voyage when I told her what I needed it for, not wanting to put the willies up her el oh el. How they tie this in with the asked for Mor Prom app only God knows. I've also been told by a taxi driver I use 'big problem at Sarasin'. Little wonder! No one seems to know what's happening.

Just a quick update. I'd been given so many answers (although have always trusted Felt as a good source) so called the Tourist Police as it had been announced the swabs proving sd all had been done away with, BUT they now require TWO injections of the mRNA concoction before being allowed entry. So continue to be locked down on Alcatraz, but you lab rats can go for it! Bon chance???? 

There is no check what so ever when driving to Phang Nga from Phuket..

But for returning back to Phuket via Sarisin bridge you will need to be fully vaccinated.

I drive this route several times a week and I show my EU vaccination certificate together with my Phuket house book and this is fully accepted.