Zuellig Pharma Thailand to import 1.4 million doses of Moderna Covid-19 vaccines following Thai FDA’s approval today

webfact

The Company will gradually import the first lot of 1.4 million doses from the United States around the end of November to the beginning of December before delivering to the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) and the Private Hospital Association to complete the bookings of 1.9 million doses within the end of the year.

These complement the ~ 560,000 previously delivered, and were said to arrive on/before the end of this month.

Good news, hopefully there's enough for those who prepaid?

My PoS for Moderna is up to 9,000 (people), with an update due today.

Assume the TRC is taking some (23%?) of these though?

Another ~ 6 mm on firm order for Q12022 delivery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Simultaneously, (BP headline today) the Minister for Health - the Nut-in the cabinet, is urging people to ditch Moderna and switch to Pfizer.  Has public opinion finally got to him about Chinese vacs?

Okay, a good idea.! Where is the Pfizer coming from? They lost a million doses a short while ago.

“Ditch your vaccine orders and come for vaccines from the government. Those who have ordered a Moderna vaccine but have yet to receive it, come to us and we will give you Pfizer instead.” 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-vaccines/still-waiting-for-moderna-anutin-says-give-up-and-get-pfizer-from-the-government

Where and when?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, seabear said:

I read somewhere that Moderna Vac is no longer used in some Scandinavian countries.

Nordic countries restricted its use to those younger than 30 and recommend using the Pfizer instead

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/iceland-joins-nordic-peers-in-halting-moderna-covid-vaccinations-1.1663781

It should be pointed out that if the choice is between using Moderna or not getting vaccinated. it's a better bet to take the vaccine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seabear said:

I read somewhere that Moderna Vac is no longer used in some Scandinavian countries.

And overstrained German health minister wants to push people to Moderna before the doses expire and have to be ditched. Done with another communication desaster ("rationing Biontech/Pfizer").

Too much press hype for B/P.

I will happily take Moderna if it ever becomes available after paying months ago.

Will be my "booster" after Sinovac/Astra.

On 11/24/2021 at 9:05 AM, placeholder said:

What does ditching Moderna for Pfizer have to do with the Chinese vaccines?

If sufficient numbers mistrust the efficacy of the Chinese vaccines, the Gov will not reach their 70% goal.  The people need alternatives.

3 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

They approved Moderna TODAY?

Approved in May

Approved for 12-17 YO in September

I think the article refers to the approval for import/shipment of this specific lot?

Probably a thai paperwork thing.

Moderna imports seem to warrant a great deal of "scrutiny", see the Poland donation to Thammasat. Meanwhile CRA gets "approval" in 24 hours, places sinopharm order on  a Friday, receives product on a Monday. Amazing thailand.

31 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If sufficient numbers mistrust the efficacy of the Chinese vaccines, the Gov will not reach their 70% goal.  The people need alternatives.

Chinese vaccines are now playing a very small role in vaccinations. There seems to be enough the pipeline now.