Thai immigration announce further extension of ‘COVID extensions’

5 minutes ago, khunphil said:

(maybe) Stupid question ... but to get this extension, do we need to show any proof of any thing ? Or just pay and go ? (asking for an European friend)

You have to complete an affidavit (a paper which you get at immigration), regarding why you need this extension, just check the second checkbox which says something like that your embassy doesn't issue you a letter.

Some people in Bangkok have been asked to show a flight ticket out of Thailand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, khunphil said:

(maybe) Stupid question ... but to get this extension, do we need to show any proof of any thing ? Or just pay and go ? (asking for an European friend)

Previously you didn't but this time it seems they have added a stipulation that it is up to the immigration officer's discretion as they don't want people "abusing" it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

So what happens to people with the covid visa who want to stay after Jan 25? If they are not monks, teachers, retired or getting married?

Can they apply for a 6 month stay with an 0 visa?

As an aside, what happened to the Immig law 5 years ago to prevent the broke from living on beaches.You could stay 6 months but then had to leave for 6 months before a new application? Did Covid void all that?

Eddy

If the borders are open, they'll go back to doing border runs or visa runs I guess. Or Elite visa if they can afford it. COVID voided the 6 months thing ya.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, khunphil said:

If he's married make sure he takes his wife with him and proof of where he's staying,lease etc..

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Previously you didn't but this time it seems they have added a stipulation that it is up to the immigration officer's discretion as they don't want people "abusing" it.

So if you enter Thailand with a "visa exemption", (as a toursit) , you can't use this extension ...? You need a visa, of any kind...

Edited by khunphil
clarification

41 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Actually an extra clause was added this time that says: "Officials must be stricter in order to make sure foreigners are not abusing the system."

Yes indeed, you are right, they added something in this regard.

Does anybody still have the last police order which extended it to 26th November? I would like to compare the wording that they use.

23 minutes ago, khunphil said:

So if you enter Thailand with a "visa exemption", (as a toursit) , you can't use this extension ...? You need a visa, of any kind...

No it does not mean you cannot get one for a visa exempt entry.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Yes indeed, you are right, they added something in this regard.

Does anybody still have the last police order which extended it to 26th November? I would like to compare the wording that they use.

Jackdd,,  you were confused at what I said, I'm just going on my experience, because I entered the country on a non o due to being married, they wouldn't give me a covid extension unless she was there to provide details..that's in korat, might be different elsewhere.

• Like 1