Long day.... arrived at 9:50am, in queue until 14:00. Handed over my stack of papers and copies ( a new passport as well ). Pleasant IO, carefully looked through my bank letter and statement ( 800k method ). Carefully looked through my Health Insurance and validity date ( June 23, 2022 ). No questions asked as she saw the over  3,000,000 baht annual coverage sum. My 90 day report was due December 7 so I asked her about it, said can do now. I had a prepared TM47 ready with my new passport number filled out and signed and got a new 90 day notification slip. Yes my permission to stay stamp was to health insurance expiry ( June 23 ) not the full year which is fine as I'm leaving in March and killing off this OA. Also some overstay warning papers to fill out and sign. To any Canadians out there and I'm sure other Nationalities on OA extensions, another Canadian was there doing his OA extension, he uses his monthly income and gets an affidavit issued from the Canada Embassy in BKK that is accepted at CW, he does not have or show the 800k here. He said you can get the Embassy affidavit stating your home country bank has the 800k equivalent baht thus CW does not ask for the 800k in a bank here. Interesting, check with your Embassy !! 

• Like 1
  • metisdead changed the title to First OA Extension @ CW Today
1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Any idea what your insurance premium would be if it was full 12 months.

I'm 5 or so months into my 1 year Thai health insurance policy already, to re-align the health insurance to get a 1 year extension of stay it would cost me about 35 - 37,000 baht, not necessary as I have to leave in March anyway and return with something other than a OA...

Edited by CANSIAM
22 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I'm 5 or so months into my 1 year Thai health insurance policy already, to re-align the health insurance to get a 1 year extension of stay it would cost me about 35 - 37,000 baht, not necessary as I have to leave in March anyway and return with something other than a OA...

Ouch.

Wonder if premium is  seriously expensive for say 75 yr old. (not me).

Perhaps Non O-A becomes a museum object. 

• Like 1