Airlines notified of Thailand’s restrictions on travellers from 8 African countries

webfact

8-countries-Omicon.jpg

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has notified all airlines about the Thai government’s travel restrictions, including the entry ban on travellers from eight African countries now facing, or at risk of facing, the spread of the new coronavirus variant, known as Omicron.

The countries are Botswana, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe and South Africa.

Omicron infections have also been detected in Hong Kong, Israel, Belgium and, most recently, in Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/airlines-notified-of-thailands-restrictions-on-travellers-from-8-african-countries/

Logo-top-.png

18 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Live in a holiday apt in Austria for 22 months. Just started  packing up to return next week. Will Thailand shut the door again?

Will Australia?

36 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If all this nonsense stops me getting back to the wife  in January after 22 months away in a UK dingy bed and breakfast, I go flipping potty.

People have been traveling back and forward between Thailand  and Europe  for months. Not mass tourism but I know many who returned  here and did the testing and quarantine some even went back and did double journeys

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has notified all airlines about the Thai government’s travel restrictions, including the entry ban on travellers from eight African countries now facing, or at risk of facing, the spread of the new coronavirus variant, known as Omicron.

I wonder if they will have the b#lls to extend this to European countries that admit to having the new variant... or will they conveniently turn a blind eye to that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Letseng said:

Live in a holiday apt in Austria for 22 months. Just started  packing up to return next week. Will Thailand shut the door again?

I think they will be very selective in which countries to ban, S.Africa has been mentioned, but to do the same to European countries would seriously impact their opening strategy.

They might turn a blind eye to those.

• Like 2

For most people, just be glad that you are not in almost anywhere in Africa. 

We are all hoping that this new Omicron variant is not more deadly and

that the vaccines are effective against it as well. Sorry Richard, I hope you do not go

flippin potty, if that means crazy.  22 months is a long time apart, for sure.

19 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Forget Omicron, I think by January we might be already at Sigma or Tau.

We had quite a time interval between Delta and Omicron without any mutations of concern, so why do you believe this... January being only 32 days away?

Edited by jacko45k