Entertainment venue in Banglamung raided this morning for allegedly illegally selling alcoholic beverages, breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

27 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Concerned citizens should MTOFB.

Could be anyone, a disturbed neighbour, a competitive business owner who isn't open, someone on the take from the police. It would be  better situation if the police did their own checks about town. What on earth do they expect to happen after an event like the fireworks display. Not only Covid restrictions... wasn't there also an alcohol restriction due to some elections going on.... certainly Big-CX was not selling on Sunday?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Banglamung – An entertainment venue in the Banglamung district was raided by officials in the early hours of this morning, November 28th, for allegedly illegally selling alcoholic beverages and violating the Chonburi Communicable Disease Control Act.

Fools, they should have waited until this weekend and sold them at the Music Festival so people could drink and dance on the beach. 

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

Not common at all but never the less subject to arbitrary arrest and detention

police were in one of the bars... probably owner don't know  ..jomtien and Pattaya i can go to most bars and get a beer or sit on the prom ..or outside 7 at the tables with another dozen people  cops over the road ..nothing said ... 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

after receiving telephone complaints from a concerned citizen

Please note, the national "free call" number for such complaints is still active:-

"encouraging people to help report activities deemed to violate the government’s rules and regulations to curb the spread of Covid-19 by calling the national hotline at 1111"

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/hotline-set-up-for-reports-on-alleged-covid-19-measure-violations

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Police don't work weekends; holidays; before 11am; after 5pm.  In fact ...

they were touring around pattaya ...unusual i know hey went nto e of the bars not far from where i was having a beer .. natural thing was to try to put it out of sight ..no one else did....so a more relaxing few beers ..i left the bar at 1 am still lively..