Is Covid Insurance Required for Regular Extension of TV or STV?

Planning on applying for a STV soon.  I imagine the topic has been discussed previously but couldn't find an easy answer. 

What's the cheapest insurance through a Thai company that meets requirements?

In-patient:  bt400,000

Out-patient:  bt40,000

Covid coverage of no less than usd100,000

18 minutes ago, ouagadougou said:

That site doesn't mention insurance for a regular 60 day TV.  Any reason for that?  I might end up going that route to simplify life.

For a standard tourist visa you cooled look here for covid 19 insurance. https://covid19.tgia.org/

The STV requires more insurance than the standard one.

16 minutes ago, ouagadougou said:

Thanks for that Joe.

So if I arrive with only 90 days insurance and decide to extend stay can I purchase additional insurance while in Thailand or does it have to be done beforehand?

For the STV that should be allowed when you apply for it. 

48 minutes ago, ouagadougou said:

If you enter on a STV and complete your initial 90 days, can you then apply for a 60 day Covid extension (if available)?     or is your only option to apply for a 90 day STV extension?

You would have to do the 90 day extensions before you could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

• Like 1

I applied for STV via Thai Embassy in London and was asked by email to separately produce $50,000 of insurance.  I sent a copy of my standard travel insurance (issued by Post Office) which covered my intended six month stay with cover for £2,000,000.  I stated in my response email that this equated to some $2,600,000 - and I received my STV a day or so later.

I was expecting to have to purchase a separate Thai policy but it was not required in my case.  There was no specific mention of Covid cover on the document, merely £2,000,000 of medical cover.

The same document was also accepted for the Thailand Pass.