Omicron may become dominant variant with its high transmissibility – Dr. Yong Poovorawan

snoop1130

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The new coronavirus variant, known as Omicron, is likely to replace the Delta variant as the dominant strain if it continues to spread quickly and easily

This is good news because that Delta version sucked, onto the next one.....

I note that many countries around the world are attempting to preserve the status quo - not a good idea and I suspect they will all ultimately fail.

Just now, yogi yogi said:

the story i read on yahoo. didnt mention vacced or not vacced it just said over sixty

I think they rephrased it from yesterdays press release.

• Like 1

Just now, yogi yogi said:

are u an unvacced super spreader?  i got vacced twice.  im not a lemming . im looking at my options.  govts are not gonna allow unvacced to travel very easily . so i hope u like sitting at home

the worse the virus gets the worse its gonna get for the unvacced.  i still believe that govts will require vaccination for international travel and domestic travel.  im just waiting for the first govt to pull the trigger.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

WHO advises vulnerable, over-60s against travel over Omicron

The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that while blanket travel bans would not stop the spread of the Omicron variant, Covid-vulnerable people, including the over-60s, should postpone plans to travel abroad.

as i read it it said people over 60 should postpone travel.  does not mention vaccinated or not. those are pretty strong words................we are screwed,  unless the pharma companies have something up thier sleeve

3 minutes ago, Virt said:

That was yesterday.

Here is todays advice.

I think they messed up a bit by not pointing out they meant the unvaccinated ones 60+ yesterday?

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/officials-offer-vaccine-reassurance-who-advises-against-travel-bans-2021-11-30/

"The WHO issued a statement advising a postponement of travel for those who are unwell or at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19, including those 60 years or older who are not vaccinated."

Yes thanks, wise advice until more is known. I do not see any hysterics here, just prudent measures.

• Like 1