Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

I have my password, logged on, but that is as far as it goes. I was asked to fill my passport number, then another box with papers written on it??????

I am guessing that you can only use this app 15 days before your due date for reporting. Mine is January 2nd. so I will try again in a couple of weeks.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just change the captcha to another one if you cannot read it by clicking this in space where you enter itimage.png.7f28024926815c8c61505dfb1842100b.png

Worked for me when I could not read one. I just clicked it until I got a better one.

Yes, but why in the World should you even have to be doing this?  Just make it easy to read in the first place.  And, as I noted earlier, when I clicked to get a new one they just got harder to read, not easier.  The same thing with the passwords generated.  Why make them so difficult?   Meanwhile, my latest attempt to register got me a 403 message saying that I am forbidden and don't have permission to access the site.  

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

I have not examined the page, but I think a Captcha must involve server side processing of some kind. If it is all handled on the client side, it will be too easy for a robot to circumvent it. Of course, I may be giving the developers too much credit for correct design.

I think changing the captcha would be minimal amount load on the server. Certainty less that trying to enter one you can barely read and having it fail when it is incorrect.

I think the problem with over loading of the system is people making other errors or trying again and again to get the password email by changing their password to get it sent faster. It took about 2 hours to get it when I registered.

27 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I have my password, logged on, but that is as far as it goes. I was asked to fill my passport number, then another box with papers written on it??????

I am guessing that you can only use this app 15 days before your due date for reporting. Mine is January 2nd. so I will try again in a couple of weeks.

Between 15 days and 7 days before due date,

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Have just attempted to register using the link in Jonathon's post, what am I doing wrong

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at tm47.immigration.go.th Port 80

The system is obviously overloaded as everyone is having problems, but forbidden error may mean outside of Thailand or a VPN etc

A 403 forbidden is ok. The 404 is the lost/broken link.

Don't worry about it and try later... probably on Tuesday as the guys  to get it fixed have to first be told by the lazy Muppets who will rock up late on Monday.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I just tried to register, filled all the boxes along with the captcha letters. Then was taken to a page to type my e mail address and add a password. When I entered a password it told me invalid information. Do I need to wait for an e mail from them?

Same for me yesterday. Just tried again and cannot even find the registration page. Keep getting as below:

Forbidden

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

Same for me yesterday. Just tried again and cannot even find the registration page. Keep getting as below:

I has been that way since yesterday. The previous pages are full of the same info.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I has been that way since yesterday. The previous pages are full of the same info.

Thanks Joe.

The number of pages has understandably jumped quite a lot since yesterday. I was / am just working my way through them now. Hopefully it will be up and running again on Monday.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

Have just attempted to register using the link in Jonathon's post, what am I doing wrong

Forbidden

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at tm47.immigration.go.th Port 80

Not to worry, a computer game student from Ramkhamhaeng University has already been asked to investigate the glitch...

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2021 at 11:17 AM, AhFarangJa said:

I just tried to register, filled all the boxes along with the captcha letters. Then was taken to a page to type my e mail address and add a password. When I entered a password it told me invalid information. Do I need to wait for an e mail from them?

I got the same thing when I tried.  Waited an entire day but no confirmation or password. I suspect if you get this message, it hasn't gone through to the system for some reason. No idea why as my email is valid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

Fully aware... ????

Got to think, why a revised Imm 90 day reporting application that wants to now register but really suffers from the same old restrictions as the previous system. (I am a little suspicious here!)

"It should also be noted that the online 90 day reporting system can not be used if a foreigner is completing their first 90 day report, nor can it be used to complete the first 90 day report after receiving a new passport" and I suspect the same for lost passport replacements, travel out of Thailand and return .....and others I have not considered.

The above restrictions on this revised application just show what antiquated logic these people have in designing a software solution.

I know something is better than nothing but "C'mon on Man; You Know the Thing"

There should be real-time data linkage between the two systems (Immigration Visa and Online 90 Day reporting)

Now we are required to register, the Imm Online 90 Day form should be pre-populated with all the applicant's real-time data from the Immigration Visa system.

If any prepopulated form fields can not be filled in a specific error code should be generated with a link for the applicant to contact an Imm help desk to assist in resolving the issue based on the unique error code.

If the applicants prepopulated data fields are not correct, again there should be another link for the applicant to challenge the incorrect form information via a help desk link.

The other issues are the system appears not to scale; it's obvious from first experiences it can't currently handle heavy loads.

There are always teething issues with the new software as demonstrated here, but most could have been mitigated with better end-user testing; having developers and designers as IU testings suffers from tunnel vision.

Unfortunately, they are so blindsided by their own self-confidence and abilities they will suffer ongoing issues by not having reached out and engaging real end-users to trial the software before going live.  

To improve the productivity of Imm Online 90 Day reporting you have to generate confidence in the application and ensure it is Reliable, Resilient and Robust. 

If they took the time to think through the cost benefit analysis of doing it right the ROI would be, less human traffic at Immigration offices, less paperwork to manage, more productive use of Imm staff, less chance of spreading COVID in crowded Imm offices, improved service levels and confidence by foreigners in Imm services.

"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is just insane". 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Sorry Joe, but is that somehow supposed to make it acceptable? Actually it just confirms what most of us were expecting...Failure. And as always, they never disappoint in the failure department.

You don't have to be quite so negative, at least the idea in principle is good and a step in the right direction, I guess with some coaxing and some critisism they will get it to work eventually. Not ideal but it shows they see change is needed.  

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I finally got to this.

Put email address and code they provided but when trying to put the characters, nothing is happening. Can't even type them.

I just tried to get on the and it says under maintenance. 

How did you get on the new online reporting site. https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

If you registered did you get a email with your password.

Serendipity was on my side for once, when using the old system a few minutes before midnight on the 2nd.

Instant approval, Khon Kaen. Yesterday back in the old system again, taking screen shots of previous reports.

That new captcha is more of a gotcha.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change to different password. It has to be then generated one they the send you by email.

At this time you can still check all of your previous reports on the old website.

Which is a massive hole in their security.