Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

38 minutes ago, berrec said:

There are always teething issues with the new software as demonstrated here, but most could have been mitigated with better end-user testing; having developers and designers as IU testings suffers from tunnel vision.

This is a controversial area. My own view, based on experience, is that the best people to develop application test cases are the developers themselves. The tests should be written at the same time as the code itself. The reason is that the developer should be able to identify edge cases more easily than an independent quality assurance team. This demands professional and well trained developers, and procedures should be in place that facilitates developers checking each other's work. Closely related are robust diagnostics and appropriate self documenting code. Part of good project management is ensuring that the above activities are being properly completed.

The problem with the systems developed for Thai immigration is that the developers are simply not very good. There may also be the problem of unrealistic expectations over the time required to do a truly professional job.

Don't forget the security problems at launch of the vaccine registration system!

When it first went live, there was a major security breach that leaked a lot of medical data combined with personal ID.

I'm not sure if they tested much before launching this system (seems no), but maybe waiting  a couple weeks is worth it. ????

Their system is trying to come back.  As of 1:30pm/4 Dec I can get to the login screen but when entering my logon credentials I just get 3 dancing dots as the logon tries to connect.  Normally after entering your credentials/captcha the logon only takes a second and you are into the system.

EDIT/Update:  I tried again at 1:34pm...no dancing dots this time...and got in....my report I submitted on 3 Dec is still in pending status.

image.png.b6a9e3d5e112a8d569cc6f7424f4a8b2.png

Edited by Pib

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Their system is trying to come back.  As of 1:30pm/4 Dec I can get to the login screen but when entering my logon credentials I just get 3 dancing dots as the logon tries to connect.

I did a post about it 2 posts before yours and it shows the error I got.

Tried twice and go the same thing.

Just tried to register, filled in all the fields and click submit... see the flashing 3 dots... wait 20 seconds... then see the message "Http failure response for submitId=kwrfqgah29v2rp83ei6: 504 Gateway Time-out"

They really need to get some competent people to do these websites and maintain their networks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

Their system is trying to come back.  As of 1:30pm/4 Dec I can get to the login screen but when entering my logon credentials I just get 3 dancing dots as the logon tries to connect.  Normally after entering your credentials/captcha the logon only takes a second and you are into the system.

EDIT/Update:  I tried again at 1:34pm...no dancing dots this time...and got in....my report I submitted on 3 Dec is still in pending status.

image.png.b6a9e3d5e112a8d569cc6f7424f4a8b2.png

Update as of 1:43pm/4 Dec....being able to logon is hit and miss.  I can always reach/get above login screen but only about half of the time I can logon (and the logon occurs in less than a second....I logged on 4 times straight)....the other half of the time I just get dancing dots as it tries to logon but can't.

Edited by Pib
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BKK57 said:

Just tried to register, filled in all the fields and click submit... see the flashing 3 dots... wait 20 seconds... then see the message "Http failure response for submitId=kwrfqgah29v2rp83ei6: 504 Gateway Time-out"

They really need to get some competent people to do these websites and maintain their networks.

Same I'm sick of putting in all of my details,

see the flashing 3 dots... wait 20 seconds... then see the message "Http failure response for submitId=kwrfqgah29v2rp83ei6: 504 Gateway Time-out"

If anyone can successfully register as from now December 4th 1.50pm onwards, 

Please let me know ????

I'm of sick of putting in all of my details again and again and again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Pib said:

So now we have "three" TM47_90 Days Address Reporting online methods/sites....all three trying to do the same thing but apparently don't interface with each other.....different people getting different results when trying to use them.  Hopefully the latest online method will work better than the two earlier methods which are still in use which seems to me can cause confusion for folks.  I wonder if immigration will kill off one or two methods at some point....only have "one" online site. 

Three methods/sites discussed below:

1.  The Extranet web method (first one to be made available) which does not require registration/logon credentials.  This site never worked for me over the years after many, many tries to include just a few days ago.  I can reach the site no problem, but after entering the first page of 90 day report data a popup error message appears indicating a problem with my data and I need to report to my local immigration office. Tried IE, Chrome, Edge, etc.,..and entering the data in many, many different variations but I always end with the same negative result.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

2.  The Immigration eService mobile app (second method....came out a few years ago).  Registration/logon credentials required which I obtained without issue.  But once again, just like method one above I would get the error message after entering the 90 day report data....message said to visit my local immigration office.  Tried it again just a few days ago...once again, error message saying I need to visit my local immigration office.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService&hl=th

image.png.2fc47781610c768cb78f381f3573c832.png

3.  And now this brand new site as of 2 Dec 2021....the subject of this thread.  Registration/logon credentials required---different ones from credentials required for the eService mobile app mentioned above.   But this new third method does appear to work for me as I submitted a 90 day address report this morning...."did not get the I need to visit my local immigration office error message"....the report is currently in Pending status...hopefully it will get approved within 3 days as advertised.  Time will tell

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/#serviceonline

image.png.5de4c8ab5f977143fb33fb16d2f92c9b.png

I Concur. Have all the old systems like yourself.I can’t even register for the new system. Keeps telling me insufficient data or the message “time out.”

29 minutes ago, Kenneth White said:

Personally, I don't mind going to the immigration office here in Kalasin the immigration officers and staff are quite nice. I will register just incase I am travelling around Thailand on my report date. 

Kalasin sounds like a one house type immigration office.  But for those of us who have to use immigration offices which service hundreds of customers every day and/or travel time to the office can take hours (like Chaengwattana/Bangkok) being able to report online is very important.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Oooooooh!

New and improved error message:

new error.jpg

Yea....that's what you get after watching the bouncing dots for about a minute.   I'm getting the same thing for the last hour and half.....I've tried a few times.   But around 1:30pm it was working fine....logon was split second fast and I logged on 4 straight times with no problem.   Then 10 minutes later around 1:40pm when trying again it was back to dancing dots.

21 hours ago, Mansell said:

I don’t see the point of the 90 day report, and completing it by computer makes it redundant as they don’t know who you are and where you are. Might as well dump it now. And if they screw it up and you don’t know, the onus will fall on you and not them. I will probably just pop in and do it as immigration is on my way to playing tennis, and then I have their piece of paper in my passport to remind me. It only takes minutes, but I do understand what a pain in the aspidestra it is for folks living hundreds of miles away from any office. 

Also for people who like to travel. Planning to be away is fun, making sure you are in the right province is a right pain.
They could at least let you sign at any province.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pib said:

But for those of us who have to use immigration offices which service hundreds of customers every day and/or travel time to the office can take hours (like Chaengwattana/Bangkok) being able to report online is very important

What is difficult about mail in.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What is difficult about mail in.

Nothing really....just a little bit of paper, stamps and visit to the post office to mail via EMS....and then waiting around month right now for an approved receipt to arrive via mail.  Mail-in is what I have been doing for years since the online reporting systems have never worked for me (still waiting to see if this latest new system works for me) and since round trip travel to my immigration (CW) takes hours in heavy traffic plus the privilege of getting to mingle with many customers waiting in the queue.

Edited by Pib

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Nothing really....just a little bit of paper, stamps and visit to the post office to mail via EMS....and then waiting around month right now for an approved receipt to arrive via mail.  Mail-in is what I have been doing for years since the online reporting systems have never worked for me (still waiting to see if this latest new system works for me) and since round trip travel to my immigration (CW) takes hours in heavy traffic plus the privilege of getting to mingle with many customers waiting in the queue.

Virtually copy cat of my situation.

Done last few via mail to CW.

I have it down pat now and fill in the new TM47 as soon as they return my report receipts and new form.

All in place to post for next one.

The online is obviously fantastic if works. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Raindancer said:

If you look at the bottom left cursor on this keyboard of an android phone, you will see the characters symbol. 

If you press this once you will find a lot of symbols.  If you press it again, it will show as 1/2, you will then find even more  including the " |" sign.

Enjoy????????

Screenshot_20211203-184727_DuckDuckGo.jpg

So how does that work on a PC desktop?