Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

This morning the following email arrived:

Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 24/05/2022.

Please apply TM47 request online or contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area before due date.

This email is auto-generated. Please do not reply. In case of any queries, please contact ROYAL THAI POLICE IMMIGRATION BUREAU.

2 weeks ago was at Immigration Office Khon Kaen doing my annual extension of stay, non-O retirement.

After paying, the officer (some kind of senior sergeant) stapled a new report date into my passport: 26 Jul 2022.

I pointed out that I had been doing the 90 day reports online and was due again on the 24th of May. She was indifferent to this, so thankyou, wai, 'bye.

My thinking is do it online before 24.05, and if successful just lose the paper stapled in the passport. Would that work?

If not successful, in person 26 July. Not keen on the long round trip though.

Thanks.

I'm in a slightly similar boat...although my lag time is a mere 5 days.

I would try online in the period leading up to 24 May, and depending on what happens, and if rejected I'd try in the period leading up to 26 Jul. And if rejected, go in person end of July and try to get back to online end October.

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm in a slightly similar boat...although my lag time is a mere 5 days.

I would try online in the period leading up to 24 May, and depending on what happens, and if rejected I'd try in the period leading up to 26 Jul. And if rejected, go in person end of July and try to get back to online end October.

Right, thanks.

1 hour ago, mahtin said:

My thinking is do it online before 24.05, and if successful just lose the paper stapled in the passport. Would that work?

If not successful, in person 26 July. Not keen on the long round trip though.

If you do it online your local office will reject your application since their records will show your report is not due until JUly 25th.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you do it online your local office will reject your application since their records will show your report is not due until JUly 25th.

Thanks, Joe.

So the automatic reminder is not updated by local office changes. Good to know, since the officer neglected to mention that.

Will it be possible to do the July report online?

7 minutes ago, mahtin said:

So the automatic reminder is not updated by local office changes. Good to know, since the officer neglected to mention that.

The reminder is generated by the online reporting system based upon your most recent online report.

7 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Will it be possible to do the July report online?

Yes

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The reminder is generated by the online reporting system based upon your most recent online report.

Yes

Many thanks, Joe.

It's a relief if only necessary to go to the office once a year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 2:40 PM, Yorkie said:

However, I intend to apply to renew my extension of stay around mid May 2022 which will be greater than 15 days before my next 90 day report is now due. I wonder how that will pan out?

I applied for my new extension today and was successful. Without being asked Immigration issued a 90 day report receipt with a next report date of 16th August 2022.

I had applied for the online 90 day report the week after I returned from the US, which was back in March, as it was due on the 20th.  I used the new system and applied with the idea that the system had sent me a reminder, and thought hey lets act as if I had just stayed in the country, and used my old arrival date which I had used for the past few years to see if it would work. Unfortunately the application was rejected as I wrote back then on this forum and OP.

Instead of heading to CW next week, I applied again using the system and my new arrival date on this past Monday, the Holiday, and just today received my new 90 day online report, with a new date for the next report in August successfully.  I had feared I would have to head to CW, as I would be rejected this time around just like the last time as it would be a new report for a new arrival, but it appears the arrival and departures thru immigration are now included in their system, and it linked to my extension of stay which is good until November with no issues.

For those who have had issues, I would suggest you try again if you have been rejected and ensure the arrival date used is the one on your new TM6.  The system never asked for the new TM6 number or flight info...Makes me actually happy to know the system may be working as it should.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Although I have been successfully using both the old and new 90-day reporting system for a couple of years, I was concerned that my latest report would not be approved because my 20-year Elite visa needs to be "renewed" (every 5 years) by August 2nd.  That would have been a pain, because I am currently up in the northeast, and would have had to accelerate my return to Samui to do the 90-day report in person.

However, I submitted the online report this week and it was approved by Surat immigration within the same day, with a next report date of August 15th.  So my office also seems to ignore the permission to stay date (same as Elite "renewal" date), and just use 90 days as the next report date.

Just completed my GF's and Housekeepers 90 day TM47 on-line apps.  They are both from Myanmar and I was so excited when Immigration finally got it right and included the foreign workers in the on-line program.  Prior to December of last year, every time it was time for the 90 day reports to be done I had to take the GF and the Housekeeper down to the Foreign Workers Immigration location at Big C Lad Prao, always took half the day, and prior to covid there would be several hundred folks queued up.  Now I can do it from the comfort of my home office, and within 24 hours it has been approved.  Lets see this time.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I applied for my new extension today and was successful. Without being asked Immigration issued a 90 day report receipt with a next report date of 16th August 2022.

Buriram does this as well.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 10:32 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

It should also be noted that the online 90 day reporting system can not be used if a foreigner is completing their first 90 day report, nor can it be used to complete the first 90 day report after receiving a new passport. 

In both instances, the foreigner needs to submit the 90 day report in person at their local immigration office. After that, they will be able to use the 90 day online system.

Does anyone know if this also applies when reporting for the 1st time on a new visa?

This site seems to suggest that: https://thailand.acclime.com/guides/90-day-reporting-online/

To be able to file the 90-day reporting online, you must have reported your current visa or visa of extension in person or by mail at least once in the past.

I changed employers and got a new Non-B Visa, date of issue 4th March.

I have a  'receipt of notification' from an in person 90 dayer from 24th Feb, so this was done while on covid extension waiting for my new visa to be granted.

Do I need to do in person 90 dayer on this new Visa before I can do it online?

16 minutes ago, Millian said:

Do I need to do in person 90 dayer on this new Visa before I can do it online?

If you have done 90 day reports to the same office you should be able to do one online.

The first 90 day report means you have never done one before.

ok thanks, i'll give it a try.

Although, one other question.

On the old online version, you were requested to apply online 7 business days before the due date.

Now they state:

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

So this means you can actually apply at most 7 days after the due date, and it will still work?

Mine is due this Tuesday, 24th.  So by these rules, I can happily apply online today?

Edited by Millian

36 minutes ago, Millian said:

So this means you can actually apply at most 7 days after the due date, and it will still work?

The 7 days after is only for reports done in person.

37 minutes ago, Millian said:

Mine is due this Tuesday, 24th.  So by these rules, I can happily apply online today?

Yes

• Like 1

Anyone getting a "90 day report has been rejected. Please contact nearest immigration office immediately" message?

Edit: Should have been ok technically. 90 days isn't up for another week, but I changed reason for extension recently. I wonder if that could be causing confusion?

18 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Should have been ok technically. 90 days isn't up for another week, but I changed reason for extension recently. I wonder if that could be causing confusion?

Did you complete this with the new day your extension expires. image.png.3eadf95c8a309cc6a18401a09a898d3a.png

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you complete this with the new day your extension expires. image.png.3eadf95c8a309cc6a18401a09a898d3a.png

Yes, though I suppose it possible I made a mistake elsewhere though I didn't think so

44 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Anyone getting a "90 day report has been rejected. Please contact nearest immigration office immediately" message?

Edit: Should have been ok technically. 90 days isn't up for another week, but I changed reason for extension recently. I wonder if that could be causing confusion?

Are you using the new address? I did mine Friday and I can't recall it asking for "reason for extension" approved within an hour

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are you using the new address? I did mine Friday and I can't recall it asking for "reason for extension" approved within an hour

Same address

I just wonder if they don't know I have extended yet and think I am in overstay.

Cos my old extension would be over now.

However, I did do my extension probably 2 months ago, you'd think that would be enough time for "central system" if there is such a thing to be aware I did my extension.

30 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Same address

I just wonder if they don't know I have extended yet and think I am in overstay.

Cos my old extension would be over now.

However, I did do my extension probably 2 months ago, you'd think that would be enough time for "central system" if there is such a thing to be aware I did my extension.

check it's the same as this

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

As UJ suggested I had to change the date to my new extension date, it wasn't automatically updated

40 minutes ago, 2009 said:

There is not linkage between the online reporting site and immigration database where your records are kept.

Your local immigration office does the approval or rejection of the reports.They could of checked the database to confirm you had extended.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is not linkage between the online reporting site and immigration database where your records are kept.

Your local immigration office does the approval or rejection of the reports.They could of checked the database to confirm you had extended.

So, maybe I made a mistake or something with the details

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You could try doing the report again.

Will do.

The first time I did it I got rejected because it was before 15 days.

The second time, it said contact nearest immigration office immediately, so I began to think they believed I was on overstay (which I am not, but my previous extension would have ran out a few days ago)