Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Today I learnt of the extremely sad news of the passing of Ubon Joe. He will be a substantial and irreplaceable loss to Thai Visa (Asean Now).

really sorry to hear that, one of the most valued contributors to this forum will be sadly missed

RIP UJ

15 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Today I learnt of the extremely sad news of the passing of Ubon Joe. He will be a substantial and irreplaceable loss to Thai Visa (Asean Now).

That is very sad news indeed.  Ubon Joe was an invaluable resource for reliable information on immigration matters for many years.  He was invariably polite, helpful and responsive, and he helped countless expats on this forum.  He will be sorely missed indeed. 

Ave atque vale Ubon Joe

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I got mine back today.... Submitted on Monday - approval on Thursday = 3 or 4 days....

HOWEVER

When I printed it out to attach to the passport it printed in a light green/blue color.....

Is the ink color correct? I'm thinking it's to keep it from being duplicated....? 

If I left the country before my recent stay (after a successful online 90 day report) reached 90 days, and returned, and now I get a notice to report as though I had not left in time before that 90 days were up--do I just ignore the notice? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Enzian said:

If I left the country before my recent stay (after a successful online 90 day report) reached 90 days, and returned, and now I get a notice to report as though I had not left in time before that 90 days were up--do I just ignore the notice? Thanks!

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Khon Kaen

Due date 2nd June 2023

Reminder email yesterday (18th May)

Entered form data today at 9:51 AM

Approved email at 10:14 AM

Next due date 17th Aug.

????

(I expected 16th Aug but who cares)

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Jomtien

Due Date 03 June

Reminder received 07:11 today

Submitted 07:30

Approved 08:58

Next due date 17 August

Seems to be working well.

Unnoticed to me they changed their arithmetic :biggrin:

For the occasion I connected my age old 5" external disk and checked some report documents.

E.g. 5 February 2016 to 4 May 2016. That's +89 days (due date is day 90), same as stamps at the border.

Last two documents show they have changed to +90 days (due date being day 91).

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Unnoticed to me they changed their arithmetic

Jomtien also appear to have changed to calculating it from the due date rather than the approval date.  My last one was due 2nd February, submitted 18th January and approved 19th with the next submission due on the 19th April.  I "lost" 13 days back then.

I don't know if they start counting at the date of acceptance, day of submission, or celestial calendar.....

My acceptance & subsequent new reporting date - issued by the computer for online reporting fell about 7 days before the manually processed date that I had been given at the last drive through.....

8 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I don't know if they start counting at the date of acceptance, day of submission, or celestial calendar.....

My acceptance & subsequent new reporting date - issued by the computer for online reporting fell about 7 days before the manually processed date that I had been given at the last drive through.....

Just a thought but can you count back 90 days from the new date to find out which date it started from then compare that date to the date you applied and the date it was accepted?

Edited by asf6

On 5/19/2023 at 3:42 PM, treetops said:

Jomtien also appear to have changed to calculating it from the due date rather than the approval date.  My last one was due 2nd February, submitted 18th January and approved 19th with the next submission due on the 19th April.  I "lost" 13 days back then.

Surin Immigration today. Both my extension and 90 day report were good until 6th June 2023. My new extension expires on 6th June 2024 but my next 90 day report is 22nd August 2023.

Submitted my Online 90-Day today at 07.23, Khon Kaen Immigration - although I don't know where it's processed. Report due tomorrow, 30/5.

Approval received 09.00 same day - 1.5 hours - with new report date. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/25/2023 at 5:07 PM, Yorkie said:

but my next 90 day report is 22nd August 2023.

Today I received the reminder email from Immigration that my 90 day report will be due on 6th June 2023.

Got a question. In Joe's absence, hope someone else can chime in based on personal experience.

I just came back from a trip to the U.S. via re-entry permit on my retirement extension, which of course triggered a new and different 90 day reporting cycle for me vs. the original one I had on file in the Immigration database.

When my new 90-day reporting date comes due, will I be able to do the report using the online system? Or, I'll instead have to do it by paper mail or via an in-person visit to my local Immigration office, that being BKK?

Any experience re this among recent intl travelers, much appreciated!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When my new 90-day reporting date comes due, will I be able to do the report using the online system?

Similar to MartinL, I too successfully submitted and got approval on line following a trip last September time (Jomtien office for me).  Will find out if it's still the case in just over a week as I was away again in Feb/March this year.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, treetops said:

Similar to MartinL, I too successfully submitted and got approval on line following a trip last September time (Jomtien office for me).  Will find out if it's still the case in just over a week as I was away again in Feb/March this year.

Same for me last year, 90 days after a brief trip to Phnom Penh.  Not on a re-entry permit, but I don't see why that would make any difference.   

I hope it works okay for you -- I suggest you do the online report early to give yourself time to do it at your immigration office just in case it doesn't work.

On 6/2/2023 at 12:11 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When my new 90-day reporting date comes due, will I be able to do the report using the online system?

I think you'll be able to report on your "new" date. Just don't use autofill (or if you do then adjust the arrival date accordingly), and make sure your enter the "new" Arrival Thailand Date*

I think you'll get the reminder email, that's been corrected BTW, -14 on your "old" date so just ignore that.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 7:13 AM, bamnutsak said:

I think you'll be able to report on your "new" date. Just don't use autofill (or if you do then adjust the arrival date accordingly), and make sure your enter the "new" Arrival Thailand Date*

I think you'll get the reminder email, that's been corrected BTW, -14 on your "old" date so just ignore that.

Good point about the "auto-fill".  My recent on-line application was rejected as I'd missed changing my "visa valid until" date as a result of a new extension..... corrected, resubmitted, & approved a couple of days later.

Also note, if you've missed doing an on-line report, and done it in person, you won't get a reminder from the system next time - it's up to you to track the due date.

...but it seems that the system does allow you to apply on-line (at least) a few days before the 14 day window should open.. (which you can't do if you last submitted on-line).

On 6/3/2023 at 1:10 AM, VirgoSG said:

I hope it works okay for you -- I suggest you do the online report early to give yourself time to do it at your immigration office just in case it doesn't work.

Worked OK as submitted yesterday (Saturday) morning and approval received a few minutes ago on a Sunday evening.  This was with a new extension of stay and a trip outside Thailand since my last report.

They gave me 90 days from today though, not from when my report was actually due.

• Like 1