Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

To late. None has bought tickets since you cant decide anything. Now everyone is going to book other places and spend all money for christmas and new year. After that its empty pockets. So no tourists until May

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Isn't the 90 day report meant to be a make-work program for bureaucrats? If they make it easier then what is the purpose of making people report useless redundant information every 90 days?

The requirement for 90 day report is from the immigration act of 1979. Immigration is just trying make that old requirement that easier for people to do and easier for them.

• Like 2

Or, immigration intentionally took the server down for maintenance, but they are not smart enough to create a message saying such....or they just don't care what people might think.   Instead, they let that catch-all message of Service Unavailable 503 be displayed so we can all make-up wild and crazy reasons as to why the system is down.

Not to worry, in typical Thai fashion site is already down with the following message

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at tm47.immigration.go.th Port 80

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Holy smokes Batman, lets hope it works.  Going to try and register now....

...so much for the site....

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Their passwords are automatically being generated by some program which is obviously using any and all available characters/symbols on a keyboard.....even keys a typical person would never use.   I expect use of the pipe key is a good thing...makes the password harder to hack...as it's a very uncommon key probably even for hackers.

Great point, but zero credit given to those in charge. Only to the auto-bot password generator being used. Even a blind ???? occasionally finds an acorn, except in Land of Swine. 

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think it will work now since you have to do a registration to do the report. The old system verified your existence using the info you put on page one.

How vpiI'll bet immigration will fund the scheme. That way, they can let us all in free and do 90 day payouts to deserving farang.   LOL.  LOL.   LOL.  Actually, the 800k bank scam could be eliminated entirely, if they funded it. Cambodia already does this with minimal fees for those who want to live there. The Thais had better be ready for the influx of Chinese. No point in speculating, because NONE of this is going to happen.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Maybe the system crashed due to so many people trying to do it after reading this topic

However, if it worked the first time people wouldn't repeatedly be trying to enter the same information in a vain attempt to register.  It could well be this that is overloading the system, perhaps helped by a ludicrously difficult captcha system, requiring multiple attempts to try and get it right.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oxx said:

t could well be this that is overloading the system, perhaps helped by a ludicrously difficult captcha system, requiring multiple attempts to try and get it right.

Just change the captcha to another one if you cannot read it by clicking this in space where you enter itimage.png.7f28024926815c8c61505dfb1842100b.png

Worked for me when I could not read one. I just clicked it until I got a better one.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

There are many IT resourceful wizards like man and women in this country, none seems to be working in the immigration department to once and for all get their sh$t working properly...

I know it early days, so I won't sandbag it yet; but it does not scale or is out for maintenance already.

image.png.272901aaaf643ef8b744500b3f13ff74.png

Interesting, an out of the blue NEW solution, or MAYBE just a patched up old solution.

Mutton dressed up as lamb!

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The requirement for 90 day report is from the immigration act of 1979. Immigration is just trying make that old requirement easier for people to do and easier for them.

Then I wish I understood their intentions in the first place. I can see the logic of keeping people on their toes so they don't get too comfortable but maybe they've decided that's no longer needed anymore. Also a make-work program seems like a good reason considering how many immigration offices are kept alive this way.

Btw for anyone interested.  I quote from MDN:

"503 Service Unavailable"

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 503 Service Unavailable server error response code indicates that the server is not ready to handle the request.

Common causes are a server that is down for maintenance or that is overloaded. This response should be used for temporary conditions and the Retry-After HTTP header should, if possible, contain the estimated time for the recovery of the service.

Point being you should all just do nothing and wait until tomorrow. Now they know the actual usage of the system they will be able to expand it to handle more requests.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

There are many IT resourceful wizards like man and women in this country, none seems to be working in the immigration department to once and for all get their sh$t working properly...

I know it early days, so I won't sandbag it yet; but it does not scale or is out for maintenance already.

image.png.272901aaaf643ef8b744500b3f13ff74.png

Interesting, an out of the blue NEW solution, or MAYBE just a patched up old solution.

Mutton dressed up as lamb!

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

t's called control annoyance

In the USA often there are government required submissions of various documents.  They are there to serve only one purpose.  MAKE WORK.   They are a form of job protection and expansion.  The various agencies show how much "work" they have and no one ever asks if what is being processed serves any purpose other than provide a person a government job collecting the information. 

I suspect that the 90 day report is just that.  After all you need to file a TM30 if you change addresses.  Why would you need to report every 90 days that oh by the way, I am still in Thailand and still at the same address.  If you did not file or faked your TM30 what it earth gives them the thought that somehow you will be more responsible with the 90 day report. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Then I wish I understood their intentions in the first place.

Things were a lot different here 42 years ago when the immigration act was written. There seems to be no political will to change it that requires parliament's approval.

They have done a lot of work arounds for some things in it by way of a ministerial order. For example the Elite Visa required one to allow longer stays on a visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DragonBob said:

Ok, registered first go - got the email with password a coupla hrs later.

But, the password is a strange one ... (15 characters)

Z4_4)w%|VAo90  (I have taken off the first character and last one so to post it here safely)

Anyone want to have a guess at what the 8th character is (the one between & and V)?

Could be a 1 or a large I or what?

(don't want to go into changing the password process just yet as saw another poster here mention he couldn't change his one yet)

Yup, I got a similar password, just copied and pasted , no way am going to attempt to type it .

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just change the captcha to another one if you cannot read it by clicking this in space where you enter itimage.png.7f28024926815c8c61505dfb1842100b.png

That rather misses the point.  Every time you load a new captcha you are putting additional strain on the server.  This poor design decision just exacerbates the load problem.

• Like 1