Pilot injured in Air Force F5 jet crash Thailand’s in Lop Buri province

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXYmwCrf6CYtMloHmQ1A7PruVzM8xqzXUWOWM0.jpg

The Thai Air Force pilot of a F5 fighter jet was injured after he ejected from his plane when it developed mechanical trouble and before it crashed into a rice field in Chai Badan district of the central province of Lop Buri yesterday.

The identity of the pilot has not been released, but he had been rushed to a hospital in the province after parachuting to the ground.

The jet from the 21st Air Wing was participating in the annual weapons firing competition in Chai Badan district when the accident took place at about 11am.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pilot-injured-in-air-force-f5-jet-crash-thailands-in-lop-buri-province/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he annual weapons firing competition in Chai Badan district

Wow , a weapons firing competition ...!

Now that is something that was missing .

And what would they do in case of a war ?

Run away like the afghani soldiers from the Taliban ?

Or not turn up at all ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Humpy said:

''  after parachuting to the ground.''    goodness me ... where else ?

There is Pasak Chonlasit, a rather huge lake nearby, which may or may not have been a better place to land, depending on his swimming ability.  Avoid that tree, if that's a photo of his landing.

2 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Maybe Philippines or Singapore has some old F5s sitting around second hand.......    Or just buy new Chinese fighters.....

I don't think they Philippines has any still flying since many years ago. They use a different training jet outfitted with machine guns last I heard. The Thai version has apparently been extensively refitted and will be in use for a few years yet.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:07 AM, hotchilli said:

At least the ejector seat worked.

Good old Martin Baker designed in northern Ireland produced throughout the world even the Russians copied it. Basically a series of explosive charges in a pipe attached to the back of your seat pilots have been known to lose 2 inches in height due to spinal compression. They have F5's? I used to work on F4's in the 70's. I think the latest model is the F35.

6 hours ago, RobU said:

Good old Martin Baker designed in northern Ireland produced throughout the world even the Russians copied it. Basically a series of explosive charges in a pipe attached to the back of your seat pilots have been known to lose 2 inches in height due to spinal compression. They have F5's? I used to work on F4's in the 70's. I think the latest model is the F35.

Mid to late 70's I worked on them in the "Jet Provost" also known as the Strikemaster.

Back then used as a a jet trainer for the RAF. 

Did my seat training at BAe in Bristol "Filton" they had an F1-11 cockpit there which was impressive.

Pilots sat side-by-side and the whole cockpit ejects.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2021 at 10:07 PM, snoop1130 said:

The jet from the 21st Air Wing was participating in the annual weapons firing competition in Chai Badan district when the accident took place at about 11am.

I didn't realise they were that old.

How to Escape a Death Spiral, in Aviation and Health Care - The Atlantic

On 12/4/2021 at 11:03 PM, Maybole said:

He cannot have had his seat and restraining belts tight enough.

You can always tell if a pilot has ejected before by how tight his seat and restraining belts are.

When I was in the RAF I knew several pilots who had banged out before and you couldn't even get a cigarette paper between the straps and the flying suit. If they did have to eject, pilots with "comfortable" harnesses stood a far greater chance of knee and leg injuries, plus spinal compression and damaged backs.

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Mid to late 70's I worked on them in the "Jet Provost" also known as the Strikemaster.

Back then used as a a jet trainer for the RAF. 

Did my seat training at BAe in Bristol "Filton" they had an F1-11 cockpit there which was impressive.

Pilots sat side-by-side and the whole cockpit ejects.

Have you heard the news the R.A.F. are dropping the term Aircraftsman and Aircraftswoman and calling the 'Aviators' instead

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

Haha, haven't  heard that term for a long time. 

Stills or crabs? The latter is lost in the mists of time. "Stills" is more modern, and originates from the Falklands post 1982.

As part of a somewhat half hearted attempt to reach the "hearts and minds" the Argentinians had set up a TV broadcast station and distributed TV sets. 

The soldiers nickname for the locals was "Bennies" due to their habitual garb of anoraks, wellies and bobble hats which was reminiscent of the garb of the dimwitted character "Benny" from the TV soap opera "Crossroads". The  occasional discos in the  community centre were memorably known as "Benny Bops"!

When the British Forces Broadcasting Service took on the TV station, showing programmes flown out from the UK on videotape, one of the mainstays was episodes of "Crossroads". The locals realised why the troops referred to them as "Bennies". Representations were made, and the chain of command issued orders that under no circumstances were the islanders to be referred to as "Bennies".

So they were called "Stills",'cos they were still Bennies!

• Haha 2