Pattaya and other Chonburi ‘Blue Zones’ officially allowed to sell alcohol in restaurants

webfact

received_257178709646510.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Chonburi the Blue Zone:

Chonburi, Thailand - The Chonburi Governor has released new orders through their Public Relations Facebook page this evening allowing (December 3rd) alcohol sales and drinks which are now allowed in the Chonburi ‘Blue Zone’ areas including Pattaya and Banglamung.

Chonburi ‘Blue Zones’ are Banglamung, Pattaya including Koh Larn, Si Racha, Koh Sichang, and for Sattahip only in Najomtien and the Bang Saray sub-district.

Only restaurants in the blue zone and with SHA certificates are allowed alcohol sales and drinks inside. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/03/pattaya-and-other-chonburi-blue-zones-officially-allowed-to-sell-alcohol-in-restaurants/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darksidedude said:

I wonder how many GO GO bars will be converted into resturants

Nick Dean will have a coffee shop/bakery on Soi 7 c/w licence to sell booze.

Triangle bar on Soi Pothole will be a resto.

Many others I am sure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

The first helpful step from the authorities. 

You think?

They know the new variant Omicron is coming and they will blame the spread on restaurants selling alcohol.

Then it will all close, again.  Just watch.

If it didn't open up then they would have nobody to blame.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But no SHA certificate. Nobody knows how to get one. Nothing has changed

I have seen a couple of discussions online, on Nick Dean's NDTVI channel, where SHA+ has been the topic and I got the impression that they were pretty much sorted. Getting staff back and vaxed seemed a far bigger problem. 

I am not in the F&B trade but there seems to be plenty of practical advice on YT for those seeking it. Try Nick Dean and Mr.Egg at Le Pub.

25 minutes ago, Longreach said:

at least if they put up fake SHA+ cert and u get raided, customer can't be blamed.

there will be fake SHA+ CERTS.

Plenty of Baht busses have SHA+ Certs; real or fake; so I am sure they are in circulation. They are a revenue stream for City Hall or the Governor's office.

Ah!  The power of alcohol  over people.  It's like a prohibition has ended.  Beach roads packed, bars have their doors open, cleaning and doing maintenance  either because  they expect they will open before 15 Jan, or in preparation  for that day.  The ladies are returning  check8ng into rooms, snd filling up social media sights.  Germans, Japanese,  Koreans,  Americans,  and more every where and with that worshipped drink in thier hands.  Will the reprieve  last, or will we repeat the cycle again for... how many times is this now?  It's mostly elderly  people I see about so it must be the expats that have returned.  Still it's surely  a positive  sign and lucky that it has happened.   Lets hope the drunken don't start or do more of whats alrrasy began to be posted on social  media and spoil the fun.  You know one to many drinks and brawling, or just rude reality.   Yes, there have had occurrences  already on social media.  I hope the few dont ruin it for the many.