DPM Prawit orders rainmaking operations ahead of dry season

snoop1130

A desperate PR appeal to indicate some relevance in continued presence ? Or is it a justifiable "heads up" to state funded departments to be proactive in the well funded services they  claim to provide or in some instances have yet to provide what they have claimed to have done?

• Like 2

The local reservoir here is the fullest I have ever seen it in the last 9 years.  A couple of years ago the army can in and made it about 30% larger too.  It's close to overflowing now.  A few years ago it was about 10% full, looked like it was going to go dry.

• Like 1

Amazing they need orders for this annual exercise in futility?

Imagining the pilots and silver iodide shovelers lounging around in their hammocks "working", simply waiting for their "orders". And then scrambling like some WW2 Spitfire pilots.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rwill said:

The local reservoir here is the fullest I have ever seen it in the last 9 years.  A couple of years ago the army can in and made it about 30% larger too.  It's close to overflowing now.  A few years ago it was about 10% full, looked like it was going to go dry.

I guess your "full reservoir" didn't depend on orders of the military government, but on the natural rain.

At least here in our Mae Hong Son Province we have had a lot of rainy days, this year.  Because the nearly daily rain wasn't too strong, the earth could absorb it. The earth was very hungry for the water missing a normal volume within the last rainy seasons.  Since a few weks the rain has stopped here.

Obviously the same happened in your Isaarn(?) province.

Our dog knows more about the climate here in the the North than the military squads. They prefer to stay in their very nice and comfortable houses in the North of Chiang Mai and to "exercise" there.

Given that we have come out of one of the longest wettest rainy seasons with sluice gates having to be opened on many reservoirs and many roads dug up in Pattaya for flood relief measures this seems premature. Full marks for forward planning though!

Yes they can borrow our dog who can detect rain when even the fanciest satellite weather forecasts miss it

Edited by chilly07

You can't mess with Mother Nature. I remember back in the 60s Hurricane Donna sat of the east coast of South Florida. NOA and other agencies decided that seeding the clouds in this Hurricane would cause the storm to rain its self out before it hit the South Florida coastline. LOL! It sure did rain its self out but not in the Atlantic ocean but over South Florida. That was the worst flooding that I can recall having lived in south Florida most of my life. Water management is tricky at best. Bottom line is you don't "F" with Mother Nature you may not like the results.