One person dead, several injured and flee after violent brawl at Tree Town market area, say Pattaya Police

webfact

murdertreetown-696x522.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-  One man is dead this morning and at least two other men suffered injuries during what Pattaya Police described as a “violent brawl” in the Tree Town Market area of Central Pattaya off of Soi Buakhao last night, January 2nd, 2021.

The incident took place around 10:00 P.M. at Tree Town market and was responded to by Lt. Col Krikrit Saiwana, Deputy Superintendent of the Pattaya City Police, and his team after notification from Covid-19 testers who had witnessed the incident.

Along with TPN media and Sawang Boriboon rescue workers, teams arrived at the scene quickly to find 54-year-old Narawit Pongsungnoen lying on the ground seriously injured and bleeding heavily due to stab wounds from a sharp object. Some witnesses described the weapon utilized as a long knife or a machete to Lt. Col Krikrit, although the exact device was not identified by police immediately.

Mr. Narawit was rushed to a local hospital after emergency first aid was used at the scene of the incident but was pronounced dead upon arrival by medical staff and Sawang Boriboon rescue workers.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/03/one-person-dead-several-injured-and-flee-after-violent-brawl-at-tree-town-market-area-say-pattaya-police/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

one man is dead, 

information gathered by Pattaya Police that the group of men specifically arranged to meet to discuss a possible business dispute prior to the physical confrontation

Aaaah, yes, the old.... 

'business dispute, dead man story'

Sadly, happens too often 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The narrow street adds to the character, it's nice to sit in one of the bars overlooking soi Buakhao watching the world go by. 

It's also nice to cruise down on the pcx and see the sights, just wish the idiots riding at speed would slow down. 

So you do admit it is not exactly safe ......

5 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

So you do admit it is not exactly safe ......

Sadly the world is not a safe place. 

As an individual you need to put in place controls to mitigate the dangers, wherever you are. 

Be accountable for your actions. 

People, living their life as a snowflake, blaming others for their misery, childlike behaviors.... I see this too many times these days. 

• Like 1

Why would anyone think its a good idea to wack someone with loads of witnesses around?....The whole story is kind of strange......Yep it's all because of no sidewalks..lol....I am sure nothing to do with drugs..

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Why would anyone think its a good idea to wack someone with loads of witnesses around?....The whole story is kind of strange......Yep it's all because of no sidewalks..lol

Since when onlookers stopped anyone from doing stupid things and especially when they're drunk or stoned or both?...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sadly the world is not a safe place. 

As an individual you need to put in place controls to mitigate the dangers, wherever you are. 

Be accountable for your actions. 

People, living their life as a snowflake, blaming others for their misery, childlike behaviors.... I see this too many times these days. 

Good, I trust you will adhere to your advice.

I left the area about 21:40 and already saw flashing red lights in front of the club.

Through the last four days I didn't notice any brawls, aggressive behavior around there.

Never felt particularly unsafe in relation to other places in town.

Traffic safety is a completely different matter. With that chaos you would have many road rages in other countries.

What I am afraid of is and will be the damned virus. I didn't mix with the most crowded places.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Does that mean the public will catch sight of a policeman any time soon?  They've been invisible for two years, possibly drafted to Bangkok to beat up students?

Quite  few on the railway line bypass road yesterday at the Hwy 7 flyover. 

Just now, Paul Henry said:

Can someone explain to me what scubascuba means with his "roid" guys. Can find no reference in dictionary. Just want to make sure I keep clear of them on my next visit to Soi Buakhao.

Guys taking steroids, body builders etc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

So random, guy is stabbed to death and you go on about no foot paths...

Try reading the last part carefully e.g. Safe Family Tourism - Forget it .................LOL - As you appear to need it spelling out I was referring to the comment from the police, not the fact that someone was killed.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya, Thailand-  One man is dead this morning and at least two other men suffered injuries during what Pattaya Police described as a “violent brawl” in the Tree Town Market area of Central Pattaya off of Soi Buakhao last night, January 2nd, 2021.

Family Friendly Pattaya my ar#e

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Henry said:

Can someone explain to me what scubascuba means with his "roid" guys. Can find no reference in dictionary. Just want to make sure I keep clear of them on my next visit to Soi Buakhao.

Transformers.......Optimus Prime like ?