42-year-old ‘Big Bike’ rider dies after crashing in Banglamung

webfact

272045739_5241067942604539_8867221727549877859_n-696x522.jpg

PHOTO; Job Tirask / Rescue Chan Mueang

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung  – A 42-year-old big bike rider has been pronounced dead at the scene after crashing in Banglamung at just after midnight today (January 17th).

The Nongprue Police were notified of the accident at about midnight on an overpass in Nongprue.

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find a damaged Honda CB500 on the road. Nearby, rescue workers found the body of Mr. Chanwit Mueangkaew, 42, who was bleeding heavily from a suspected skull fracture. A helmet was found near the accident, it was unclear if it had come off during the accident or was not being utilized.

Full story https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/17/42-year-old-big-bike-rider-dies-after-crashing-in-banglamung/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-18

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

There are thousands who die of Thailand's roads each year, many are bike riders of all makes and sizes and the "big bike" bit is irrelevant here i think...

Couldn't agree with you more.

And yet there are some on here that think they have a magical force field around them as they 'ride safely. '

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

That's right. Get your assumptions in quickly. He's Thai, he's had a motorcycle accident and died, so he must have been drinking.  What a good post. 

I don´t think so! I just think he trimmed his bike as much as possible and believed he was Rocket Man! That´s more common among Thais. and as they do not really have anything we can even start to call driver education or driving schools. There we have the result. Common sense might have been lacking as well, as it is very rare to find. 

40 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I just think he trimmed his bike as much as possible and believed he was Rocket Man!

Never seen a big bike 'trimmed' here. With the small bikes they do trim them because they wanna be big bike owners. But in this case it doesn't apply as the bike was already the bees knees.

image.jpeg.b9628ccd43c44322dcd8e2b09e033c4c.jpeg

• Like 1

I had a V twin 750 Kawasaki a few years back, quickly realised it had more power than my skill level could handle, so I dropped down a few 100 cc's to something that couldn't go faster than what I can handle. 

I am still alive.

I also have a little suzuki scooter for running around in the village and carrying beer, and I have come off that twice, breaking my foot in the process. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure about that... generally think big bike riders have more sense. Anybody know which overpass we talk of here? I am not far from the Sukhumvut/Hwy 36 junction and can hear the big bikes giving it welly often in that area at night and early morning before sun-up. 

Some time ago I had a little big bike, a crotch rocket. The only time I rode that bike to the limit was on an overpass because on an overpass I could be sure that nobody would suddenly appear from any side.

And I think in general big bike riders are aware of the risk. I guess if you crash with > 200km/h it is over within seconds.

46 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Only in SEA would you call a 500cc a 'big' bike.   That's a starter bike in my ol' neighborhood.  My first was a 750cc.  

500cc big for a dirt bike maybe

Well done you, you ‘big bike rider’ you....  !!! :clap2:

I learned on a Hayabusa and my dad’s a black belt in Karate !!!  ???????????? :coffee1::coffee1: :whistling:

Any bike is fast enough to kill a person, 500cc bike gets you to those speeds very quickly... 

The ‘big bike’ argument presented by some is just a pathetic ???? contest.

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well done you, you ‘big bike rider’ you....  !!! :clap2:

I learned on a Hayabusa and my dad’s a black belt in Karate !!!  ???????????? :coffee1::coffee1: :whistling:

Any bike is fast enough to kill a person, 500cc bike gets you to those speeds very quickly... 

The ‘big bike’ argument presented by some is just a pathetic ???? contest.

Black belt part would be more believable ... ????  as didn't go into production till 1999

No need for speed to kill yourself on a scooter.

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I had a V twin 750 Kawasaki a few years back, quickly realised it had more power than my skill level could handle,

Yea, not a size one wants to learn on, unless you drive very conservatively.

My friends, chewed off a good part of my friend's butt, who sold it to me  .. "are you trying to kill LA", as my track record with motor vehicles & speed wasn't very good.  Asked him 'how, what now ?" ... "1 down, 4 up, clutch, hand/front brake, foot/rear brake, you learn by driving.  Lean into the curves, take it slow"???? .... yea right, maybe he was trying to kill me.

I was gone for a few hours on a country, windy, rolling hilly road.   Think they were all biting their nails waiting for the police call ... 'we scraped him up, come claim the body'.  Had a few scares, turns crossing into wrong lane, guess I didn't lean enough, and some -0- gravity humps, and somehow didn't kill myself.  I was hooked.

On Topic ... helmet near the bike doesn't sound right.  Either not strapped on properly or not at all.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, mvdf said:

Sad and distressing. Brings back memories of a similar accident in Europe a few years ago when I stopped to render first aid but because of the extent of life-ending injuries sustained, the rider passed away even before the emergency helicopter arrived.

The extremely distressing experience that's still etched in my mind were my futile attempts to comfort the person during those last moments of his life. He mouthed the word "phone... phone" and i quickly retrieved it from his pocket. He still managed to give me the pin code of his phone. I had to tell his wife what happened and hold the phone next to his mouth while he talked to her with great effort. I could never ever unhear and forget those few heart-wrenching words.

What you provided to that dying man in his final moments was priceless. Your attempts to comfort him were not futile.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JRG23 said:

I also have a Honda 500. I get scared when watching Thai big bike riders on their machines. Hardly any, and I mean virtually no-one, respects the bike's power. Like all bikes of higher engine capacity they become highly senstive at higher speeds. One little mistake.....

I  had a gang of 5 or 6 pass me only the other day heading North on The Railway Line Bypass.... one or two of them did it on the rear wheel only.....

It took me back to my days of having a 250cc Honda Dream... I never ever lifted the front end... but the buzz I got at 85 mph as I left all noise behind me on the motorway........ 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And there are others such as yourself who just ‘make stuff’ up to place others at the extremes of a spectrum in some poorly thought out attempt to ‘point score’ and claim an argumentative win.

Please find anyone who thinks they have a magical force field around them.

Please find any bike rider who does not understand that its risker than driving a car.

Your comments here and in another thread highlight a clear misunderstanding of the risks motorcyclists face. 

Risks of motorcycling clearly exist, they are not insignificant, yet they are minimised by a rider being sensible, not riding while drunk, not riding at night, riding defensively and intelligently, wearing gear.... The risks are mitigated sufficiently that riding a motorcycle in Thailand is within the ‘risk profile’ of those who do ride. 

And there are people such as you who manipulate figures and just ignore simple facts.

Capture.JPG

Edited by sungod

8 hours ago, Dumbfounded said:

Their bikes weren't more expensive I guess ????

Well, nothing 'new' about 'news' of someone dying on a 125cc or smaller scooter.

But 'Big Bike' .... whoa ... that's a headliner that will get the most bored to peak at .... click bait comes to mind.