Pattaya Mayor apologizes and explains the problem with the long “under-construction” sidewalks on Central and South Pattaya Roads

webfact

2 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

No explaination just a statement about what is happening. In most ORGANISED countries penalties are put into the contract if work is not completed by the date in the contract. Another half baked way of doing business.

You beat me to it,

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

No explaination just a statement about what is happening. In most ORGANISED countries penalties are put into the contract if work is not completed by the date in the contract. Another half baked way of doing business.

26 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

You beat me to it,

In the linked article 

“I have urged relevant offices and contractors to expedite completing these projects. However, during the Covid -19 situation, the central Thai government has allowed an extension of time in works for contractors as well as canceled any fines for late work. Contractors have claimed they don’t have enough workers to complete these projects at this time so, as stated, we have begun a bidding process to find replacement companies and contractors to complete these projects.

However it finishes with -

The Mayor did not, TPN notes, give a specific timeframe or window for when residents could expect the work to continue, citing the difficult bidding process.

I am surprised the writer did not put "difficult" in quotes........ :smile:

The longer it goes on the more cash???  personally these problems are just big for him to handle it was the same for the brother and the person before them. Fixing isn't what they really want beautification but the end result is the same " flooding " thereafter lets do it all over again!

Railroad track road on the Darkside, been going on for over 5 years!  ????

"The Mayor did not, TPN notes, give a specific timeframe or window for when residents could expect the work to continue, citing the difficult bidding process."

Sorry, what bidding process, contracts were signed for this work.  Just hold the contractors to them.

Both projects  reached their deadlines dates,  but  works are still unfinished   is  his explanation..

Talk about stating the obvious ..

I wait to see the outcome of Walking street refubishment,      if i should live that long .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

sonally these problems are just big for him to handle it was the same for the brother and the person before them.

All the same family. Not in their positions because of their skillset but because of the family they belong to.

Therein lies the major problem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Likely contracts that were very poorly negotiated. And why not build in huge penalties for late costs? 

Because deliberate delays caused by unions or mafia or competition could lead to sabotage. It's said that major London projects including Wembley pay millions of pounds to stop 'delays'