Thailand’s digital minister in hospital for COVID-19 treatment

webfact

CF42B928-DCD5-4201-B4EF-79EAACDC3C61.jpg

Image Credit: Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn‘s Facebook

Digital Economy and Society (DES) Minister Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn revealed today (Monday) that he is infected with COVID-19 and is now in hospital for treatment, but his condition is not serious.

He said that he might have contracted the disease while visiting the northern province of Chiang Mai last Thursday, adding that he now has a fever and mild headache, but his lungs are normal.

The DES minister also said, however, that he will attend a special cabinet meeting today via video conference.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-digital-minister-in-hospital-for-covid-19-treatment/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I wonder if he is also facing a 2 week detainment in an expensive locked dirty hospital room for 2 weeks, no internet, cold food, and no visitors at his expense, pleading with the staff to do a PCR test in hopes of eventually seeing the outside world again, never to return. 

• Haha 2

Excellent, so since the minister has some time on hand, may I suggest he to kick all those "developers" and get the "Moh Prom" to work as it remains a "hit and miss" application to absolutely no use to some (like me). The provincial office of public health blames the hospital for the (apparently wrong) data entry while the hospital blames the ministry of health and latter again blames the provincial office of public health. 

A merry-go-round with the usual ridiculous "everybody else's but my fault"! 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that he might have contracted the disease while visiting the northern province of Chiang Mai last Thursday, adding that he now has a fever and mild headache, but his lungs are normal.

Not following precautions...whooops...

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Excellent, so since the minister has some time on hand, may I suggest he to kick all those "developers" and get the "Moh Prom" to work as it remains a "hit and miss" application to absolutely no use to some (like me). The provincial office of public health blames the hospital for the (apparently wrong) data entry while the hospital blames the ministry of health and latter again blames the provincial office of public health. 

A merry-go-round with the usual ridiculous "everybody else's but my fault"! 

Same with me.  I have been to 2 vaccination sites, a hospital and the local MoPH office.  No one has been able to get the app working for me.  Always says (in Thai and you can't copy and paste the message into Google translate) that I am entering the wrong phone number when I try and register.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AKJeff said:

Same with me.  I have been to 2 vaccination sites, a hospital and the local MoPH office.  No one has been able to get the app working for me.  Always says (in Thai and you can't copy and paste the message into Google translate) that I am entering the wrong phone number when I try and register.

Snap.