Pattaya tourism businesses and hospitals preparing for Sandbox and Test & Go; developing plan for “Hotel Isolation” for mild Covid positive patients

webfact

MVI_8615.00_02_54_23.Still016-696x392.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – Pattaya tourism businesses and hospitals are preparing for hopefully more international foreign tourists from the resuming Sandbox and Test & Go scheme on February 1st. However, they are also preparing for the eventuality that at least some will be positive for Covid-19. The current goal is to make this process as smooth as possible and not “force” tourists to expensive hospitals or undesirable quarantine centers if the patient is not seriously ill.

First, as a reference to the program:

The CCSA agreed to reimplement the “Test&Go” scheme for vaccinated international arrivals under nearly quarantine-free conditions. Two RT-PCR tests are required on Day 1 and Day 5 of the arrival. Travelers must stay at SHA+ hotels while waiting for the PCR results.

Now, the update:

A meeting was held at the Pattaya City Hall and was led by the director of Chonburi Tourism and Sports Mrs. Ampai Sakdanukulchit Sliwinski and Pattaya area tourism business operators.

Mrs. Ampai told TPN media, “We are seeking the best way to assist international tourists who arrive in Pattaya and Chonburi area if their Covid-19 test was positive with mild or asymptomatic symptoms. We understand one of the biggest “fears” of tourists is testing positive and potentially being forced into places (hospitals, quarantine centers, etc) that they don’t wish to go to, especially being fully vaccinated and having mild symptoms or less.”

“There are 267 hotels in Chonburi with an SHA (Safety and Health Administration) certificate (Amazing Thailand Safety & Health Administration) and 177 hotels with SHA Extra Plus. Most SHA Extra Plus hotels are in the Pattaya area. The extra plus means the hotel has a partnership with a local hospital in terms of handling Covid-19 positive patients. Under the new rules, tourists MUST stay at an extra+ hotel for their Day One and Day Five testing.” Ampai explained.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/27/pattaya-tourism-businesses-and-hospitals-preparing-for-sandbox-and-test-developing-plan-for-hotel-isolation-for-mild-covid-positive-patients/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-28

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, RandiRona said:

They want a piece of Pie that Thai hospitals are enjoying from forced incarceration of tourists allegedly found positive!

I don't think so, I think that common sense prevails. If you have a runny nose or no symptoms at all despite testing positive then stay in your hotel until you test negative. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

I don't think so, I think that common sense prevails. If you have a runny nose or no symptoms at all despite testing positive then stay in your hotel until you test negative. 

Might depend who did the test... do it yourself, yes, self isolate. But if you use a free official testing station, are they still wanting to put over 60s into a hospitel? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The current goal is to make this process as smooth as possible and not “force” tourists to expensive hospitals or undesirable quarantine centers if the patient is not seriously ill.

Yeah okay.... ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Not as simple as that, see this thread about one such case, also mentioned are others in the same predicament:

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/10406-partner-tested-positive-for-cov-19/#comment-151190

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

You won't have a say in it... test positive off to the hospital and good luck with the bill.

Did you read the attached article? That is exactly what they were suggesting to try and avoid.

Doesn't mean it will happen but at least it is being openly discussed now.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Under the new rules, tourists MUST stay at an extra+ hotel for their Day One and Day Five testing.” Ampai explained.

Huh?  So if I arrive under the Sandbox provisions of the program (I live in Mexico and don't qualify for Test & Go) I have to pay for a *second* hotel (i.e. two hotels) for Day One & Day Five?  I would've already prepaid seven days at the Sandbox hotel in Pattaya.

3 hours ago, topt said:

Did you read the attached article? That is exactly what they were suggesting to try and avoid.

Doesn't mean it will happen but at least it is being openly discussed now.

As far as I know, any positive test when you're in a "vulnerable" group and it's off to hospital.  Over 60, overweight & many other conditions are considered "vulnerable", just the first 2 will catch many.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Cannot see the point in day 5 staying in "CHOSEN" hotels other than profit oppurtunity. You can walk around from day 2 to day 5 then have to go to the hotel and stay until your test comes back. Can anyone explain the logic in this?

What is this strange word 'logic' that you speak of?

• Haha 1