‘COVID visa’ extensions available until Mar 25, but not for everyone

webfact

Visa-Amnesty-696x482.jpg

Hua Hin Immigration office. File Photo

By Online Reporter

Prachuap Khiri Khan Immigration on Thursday (Jan 27) confirmed that eligible foreigners have until March 25 to apply for a so-called COVID visa extension.

Eligible foreigners are those who were granted special permission to remain in Thailand due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and were given a so-called ‘COVID visa’.

The scheme to give leeway to tourists was originally implemented as countries around the world began to close borders and airlines suspend flights.

For some, this meant that travel home or out of Thailand was impossible.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/covid-visa-extensions-available-until-mar-25-but-not-for-everyone/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-01-28

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

However, foreigners staying in Thailand on Non-Immigrant Visas such as Non-Imm O, Non-Imm Ed and Non-Imm B will no longer be able to automatically extend their stay in Thailand for reasons related to COVID.

Strange comment considering people with these visa's only have to report every 90 days (Non-Imm O) and do not have to leave the country anyway!!!

30 minutes ago, equalizer1970 said:

So a None imm 0 visa is not a real visa now? 

Here I fixed it for ya:

I think the message is stop abusing the covid extensions and get a "real" extension.

Better?

7 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Are you losing sleep at night with all this outrageous visa extension abuse? 

555, The minute I lose sleep over what some old git does whatever it takes to stay in Thailand legally, illegally or somewhere in the middle is the minute I step away from one of my sayings, " I can't control how others act, but I can control how I react to others".

Don't act like some people aren't abusing the covid extension clause, because they are and the immigration offices know it.

4 hours ago, bbko said:

555, The minute I lose sleep over what some old git does whatever it takes to stay in Thailand legally, illegally or somewhere in the middle is the minute I step away from one of my sayings, " I can't control how others act, but I can control how I react to others".

Don't act like some people aren't abusing the covid extension clause, because they are and the immigration offices know it.

for someone who doesn't care, you seem to care... just saying. And nice strawman at the end ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

for someone who doesn't care, you seem to care... just saying. And nice strawman at the end ????

Caring is one thing, losing sleep over it is another, I was responding to your remark of me losing sleep, nice divert.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:55 AM, bbko said:

I think the message is stop abusing the covid extensions and get a "real" visa.

There was a very bad bloomer in making it very difficult for long stayers under 50 before this pandemic even started. This soldier posing as a PM should thing about the ordinary Thais livelihoods, and start making it easier for all tourists, retirees, expats to come here.

• Like 1