Work Permit Renewed, But Non-b Has Expired

Firstly, I've not got involved at any stage with the renewal of my work permit/visa. It's been handled by my colleagues who have done similar things many times before.

My situation is that my work permit was due to expire on 9th June. Shortly before that date I was given all the paperwork to sign and handed everything over to my colleague. To my surprise my WP has only been renewed until 4th July. (I have been here for a full year now and was under the impression that a one-year extension - which I applied for - would be almost automatic). Should I be concerned about only being given a one-month extension?

My Non-B multi-entry visa was also due to expire on the same day. This has not been renewed and all I have is a 'Application for extension of stay is under consideration ...' stamp which expires on the same day - 4th July. Am I right in assumig that I (or my company) now has to start the application for my Non-B visa all over again?

And (sorry), if I do need to leave Thailand in the next month how do I stand? I don't have a visa - just the 'under consideration ...' stamp. Would I have to get a new Non-B outside Thailand before returning? Surely I cannot work, even with a valid WP, without that valid visa?

One more thing I should add, although I don't know whether it is a contributing factor here, is that my passport is due to expire in November. I have already applied for a new one, although don't have it back yet.

I am really confused, so any help or advice would be much, much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nothing to worry about I believe. Work permit is only issued for the time you have a valid non - immigrant visa. WP expires on the same day as your visa. Then applying for a 1 year extension, might get 1 month consideration time, get 1 month WP again, might get 1 year extension after that and will get another 1 year of WP granted. It's a little confusing, but always worked this way for me in the last 6 years.

Perfectly normal.

Your work permit is always valid till the day your visa or extension of stay expires.

Your extension of stay is now under consideration, when you go to immigration on or just before the 4th of Juli, you will be given either another month (when all the paperwork is not checked yet), or when everything is in order the remaining 11 months to bring your extension of stay up to twelve months from the first day you applied for it, which was probably around the 4th of June.

Once you get either one of the above extensions you'll have to go back to the labour department to bring your work permit in sync again with your allowed till date of your extension...