Looking for old style Forza from careful owner

I have one of these old models (2016), but if it was me buying now I would get a generation 2 or 3 (the 350 model). 

Now, old models are okay, but the new models are definitely more superior in every way and worth the extra money...

The other issue is finding an old model with low mileage (last manufactured in 2017 I think), if you can find one at good price, then maybe a good option..., people say 50k km or even more is nothing for a Honda these days, but if it's well looked after, and how do we know that...! No guarantee - in Phuket there were so many beaten up ex-rental Forza sold by farangs when I was looking... !

If money is tight, then try to find an old model with service book and full history - hard to find, but good luck...

8 hours ago, Agusts said:

I have one of these old models (2016), but if it was me buying now I would get a generation 2 or 3 (the 350 model). 

Now, old models are okay, but the new models are definitely more superior in every way and worth the extra money...

The other issue is finding an old model with low mileage (last manufactured in 2017 I think), if you can find one at good price, then maybe a good option..., people say 50k km or even more is nothing for a Honda these days, but if it's well looked after, and how do we know that...! No guarantee - in Phuket there were so many beaten up ex-rental Forza sold by farangs when I was looking... !

If money is tight, then try to find an old model with service book and full history - hard to find, but good luck...

Thanks, tried the new gen and not as comfortable as the older Forza, so that's what I am looking for.

The problem is that Thai sellers have unrealistic selling prices and the market is saturated with them and they still won't budge on the price & it sits there for the foreseeable future. One guy is looking for 75K for a 2016 model that has not been looked after - still sitting there 6 months later. ????

Trade-in prices are realistic that the Honda dealer offers and so hopin to get an offer from a foreigner seller at a little over that. No rush on my part - so will wait. ????

Yes, the seat on old model is lower and I heard from a few people it's also more comfortable - I never tried new models...

Try bahtsold.com and Facebook Marketplace, and there are some auction houses in Bangkok - one of them had a YouTube channel showing their operation, if you can navigate auctions in Thailand...

I was told by a trader they buy old model gen 1 Forza for no more than 50k baht, so for sure you can find something offering a bit more - tough job is finding a good one...

Although it's not too expensive to get parts from Lazada and fix things with a reasonable mechanic, but going to Honda will cost you an arm and a leg, for some reason they charge big bike prices for parts and labour for a 300cc scooter in small bike shop floor...!!! ?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...