Asking for an e-visa from another country than mine

Hi

I cannot ask for e-visas in my country (Spain). However, I lived many years in Germany, I have family that live there, and if put in the website (https://www.thaievisa.go.th/) that I am spanish but my residency is in Germany, it let me ask for a Visa online. The embassy is 550km from me in my country, so this would save me a lot of trouble.

Will this be valid to enter Thailand? Will they ask to some prove of residency in Germany at some point? So, in short: Shall I try this, or is risky?

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your advice.

The e-visa application has a certain amount of documents you have to upload before you can submit.

One of those are proof of residence if you are not a citizen of the country you apply in. If you could prove a German address somehow it would probably work. I don't think its any risk involved. Worst case you get rejected and loose the application fee.

No, I am not a current resident in Germany. That is the thing.

But I have a german document that says I says I am. That is not valid anymore, obviously. But they might accept it as valid. 

But if is what MajorTome says: "Worst case you get rejected and loose the application fee." Maybe is worth trying.

Edited by postizo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, postizo said:

No, I am not a current resident in Germany. That is the thing.

But I have a german document that says I says I am. That is not valid anymore, obviously. But they might accept it as valid. 

But if is what MajorTome says: "Worst case you get rejected and loose the application fee." Maybe is worth trying.

Give it a try.

Or get an E-visa to Cambodia. Then cross the border or fly to Thailand from there.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The land border crossing are closed at this time.

Not sure how that would help him get a visa.

Cambodia is better than nothing.

Borders should be opening soon.

Edited by MrJ2U