Creamfields electronic music festival coming to Pattaya later this year? Clues point that way….

snoop1130

Now if it was something like a Tomorrowland it would  attract an audience from far and wide. As my Granddaughter in the UK is a concert organiser she has said that whilst their concerts are good they are in no way comparable to EDM or Tomorrowland  productions in her opinion. Mind you a 3 day ticket for those would require a bank loan. But even a smaller event such as a Creamfields concert would be good for pulling the crowds, assuming of course it actually goes ahead and that this government by then does away with the covid rules/restrictions so people can attend easily without any of the BS hassles.

• Like 1

I thought dirty backpacker types were not wanted in Thailand....

Pattaya has had almost zero history or reputation with backpacker types, they just never came here much.....

So I would say Pattaya would be a very poor choice for this festival...

I do recall one festival like this was attempted here ONCE, and never again....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Excel said:

Now if it was something like a Tomorrowland it would  attract an audience from far and wide. As my Granddaughter in the UK is a concert organiser she has said that whilst their concerts are good they are in no way comparable to EDM or Tomorrowland  productions in her opinion. Mind you a 3 day ticket for those would require a bank loan. But even a smaller event such as a Creamfields concert would be good for pulling the crowds, assuming of course it actually goes ahead and that this government by then does away with the covid rules/restrictions so people can attend easily without any of the BS hassles.

a small event like a creamfields concert???

the last 3 creamfields (biggest EDM event in the UK by the way) had attendances of 280,000 people

per day they are the same size as tomorrowland (70K) though tomorrowland has a higher total attendance as it runs over more days

Edited by GeorgeCross

19 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

a small event like a creamfields concert???

the last 3 creamfields (biggest EDM event in the UK by the way) had attendances of 280,000 people

per day they are the same size as tomorrowland (70K) though tomorrowland has a higher total attendance as it runs over more days

Hardly in the same league for effects but never mind carry on talking it up , you can get a job with TAT.  I doubt if Thailand and Pattaya in particular could host such a musical extravaganza this year anyway that would attract the vast multi national audiences that Tomorrowland does. Of course that has the advantage of being based in Belgium and attracting in the main people from many European countries whereas who will Thailand attract so many people from ? Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar ? don't think so, and certainly none with their current covid restrictions other than from within Thailand. However Malaysia and Singapore would be a good bet if the standard was high enough.  Also I guess all the great concert DJs such as David Guetta and Armin Van Buuren are already booked for this year I should think. Perhaps Pattaya are relying on an Elvis impersonator from Jomtein to pull the crowds ?

15 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I thought dirty backpacker types were not wanted in Thailand....

I don't know specifically about Creamfields or tomorrowlands but have watched a few Tinlicker concerts on You Tube and the audiences were very mixed. 

And apparently they have played at both Creamfields and Tomorrowlands festivals.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Hardly in the same league for effects but never mind carry on talking it up

Why are you talking it down so much?

1 hour ago, Excel said:

I doubt if Thailand and Pattaya in particular could host such a musical extravaganza this year anyway that would attract the vast multi national audiences that Tomorrowland does.

If it was Tomorrowlands proposing the festival wouldn't it be the same?

I doubt anyone would expect the same level of numbers irrespective of Covid and the idea may be a little early timewise, but, don't you think it would be interesting to see what sort of demand they, or anybody else, could get?

32 minutes ago, topt said:

Why are you talking it down so much?

If it was Tomorrowlands proposing the festival wouldn't it be the same?

I doubt anyone would expect the same level of numbers irrespective of Covid and the idea may be a little early timewise, but, don't you think it would be interesting to see what sort of demand they, or anybody else, could get?

Actually I think it would be a great idea to put on a large music festival. The problem with seeing what the demand is now is just as I said earlier, numbers will not be coming whilst the covid restrictions are in place so what a pointless exercise to see how many may be interested right now. Better to wait until when people have a level of certainty and confidence that they can come to Thailand without the inconvenience that they would have to endure. As for August it couldn't be organised in time here but next year , well then that would be a better target perhaps.

Edited by Excel