Royal Thai Police encourages public to submit clips of traffic violations for 10,000-baht reward under “7 days, 7 clips, 70,000 baht” Songkran campaign

webfact

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Very strange offering, how much is the fine going to be that they offer 10,000 baht for snitching i wonder...

It sounds like a lottery thing. 

They'll get hundreds of videos a day, resulting in a lot of fines.  But it looks like they're only giving out 10K, once a day for 7 days.  At least that's the way I read it... 

Heck, they may even post up the best videos on YouTube and monetize the 10K back and then some.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The public is encouraged to submit footage from their dash-cam or smartphones capturing drivers, riders, or road users who violated the traffic law that may cause harm to others.

Jeez that's a mountain of footage.

• Like 1

If the police ever did anything they would be rich! Thousands perhaps millions of Thais that would not last a day on any roads in America, Most would have their cars and bikes taken away from them. Love how most just park their cars in the middle of the road too lazy to park their cars and walk twenty feet to a shop. Curious how many have died because these idiots park in the middle of the roads to go have lunch or dinner. I have noticed it tends to be the ARROGANT MY <deleted> DON,T STINK Bangkok Thais.

51 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Another police scheme to make money methinks.

Police will be out there in plain clothes with cameras at the ready looking to film violations and then get paid.

Think you are right about the money making, but wring about the plain clothes.

Just will be a 2,000 baht from 10,000 reward processing fee

I don't think there is a SD card with enough memory on it made to fit my dashcam that would be able to record every traffic infringement that I see in just this area in one day. But if the RTP want camera footage at 10,000 baht per infringement then I will own Thailand in about 3 weeks.

• Like 2

I know this isn't a serious statement or request!   In Pattaya on the Darkside I could place a camera on Soi Nernpludwan within an hour would capture thousands of violations based on Thailand handbook in obtaining a license I would be rich in a day if they actually were to pay!  Another problem when asking a local to do the reporting one is got to know the violation which is why no one is responding.????

• Like 1

This scheme is instead of the non-existent Pattaya Plod whose lethargy is infamous amongst law-abiding citizens and exceeded only by their greed.  All winners will be visited during the night by masked men for a % of the money.

• Like 2

I wonder if they would see the humor in my clips of the RTP breaking traffic laws.  Driving the wrong way, turning right from the far left, running red lights, driving on the sidewalk, etc…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

This scheme is instead of the non-existent Pattaya Plod whose lethargy is infamous amongst law-abiding citizens and exceeded only by their greed.  All winners will be visited during the night by masked men for a % of the money.

Plod in Patts too busy collecting the Monthly Envelopes from the Business owners.

There's not enough memory in my dash cam, its only 4GB and that would be used up in one trip to my local coffee shop.  Why don't the lazy BiB get off their collective asses and do the job themselves,. the one they are paid for.  

Edited by Doctor Tom

Will it be okay if I submit clips of actual POLICE OFFICERS on motorbikes consistently violating practically every traffic law under the sun, including driving against the traffic flow, driving on footpaths, parking in prohibited areas, doing illegal u-turns, exceeding the speed limit, illegally crossing several traffic lanes at once, overtaking on the left, running red traffic lights, not stopping at "Stop" signs, driving down the wrong way in a one-way street, wearing no helmet, etc. etc.?

I can deliver 1 clip daily -- and not just for 7 days but for 365 days.

Shall I already plan my retirement? I reckon I can live rather comfortably on 10,000 baht a day. 

• Like 1

Here’s a novel idea for the RTP: why don’t you start doing your fracking job already? Honestly, the RTP must be the most useless police force in the world. Unless there is money to be made, then they spring into action right away. 

• Like 1