Freeze up, with self shut down or restart

KhunLA

Or I simply hold the power button, till turns off.  Get a warning, of acting up, and can restart, or if freezes, ctl/alt/del & restart from that.

ASUS, actually still under warranty till July, but not the best rep for cust serv in Thailand or at service center Fortune Town IT Mall getting mixed review.  Took to local Advice Dist and check out, couldn't find anything wrong, and didn't act up while there, and he watched YT vids all day on it.

These are the error msgs I've gotten, if any, before freezing.  Sometimes it freezes and nothing, others it will restart on its own, when I'm not here if left on. Or simply stay frozen with error msg, or that little colored box icon, by itself or over an error msg.

Eliminated overheating being the problem,  Fan works & all clean.  It's good for 4-5-6 hrs before I need to restart it, than good for another 4-5-6 hrs.

Any suggestions welcomed, and TIA

Error msgs:

image.png.b19c16826cbe0c38b24d86fe68452e60.png

image.png.d22366b95fdfbe4cd898046ee6fee310.png

Edited by KhunLA

Might want to consider a Factory Reset?  You can reset your device but chose the save your files option.  I had an issue like this on my Samsung Windows laptop and a factory reset solved the problem.  This is just an idea.  

Perform SFC and DISM Scans

In most cases, a corrupted system breaking the login process will cause the Failure to display security and shut down options on Windows 10 situation. Two built-in utilities - SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) can fix the corrupted Windows files.

You should perform both scans in order to ensure that any sort of system file corruption is fixed because the two procedures somewhat complement each other. Here’s a quick guide to perform SFC and DISM sans:

Step 1: Press the Windows key + R key to open the Run dialog box. Then, type cmd and press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to open the elevated Command Prompt. Then click Yes to grant administrative privileges.

Step 2: Type the following command inside and press Enter to initiate an SFC scan(System File Checker scan): sfc /scannow.

Note: Keep in mind that it’s not recommended to stop the process forcibly once you start it because this operation will damage your Windows system files.

Step 3: Once the scan is finished, you need to restart your computer. Then you can check if this error is still existing.

If the problem is still there, follow step 1 again to open another elevated CMD prompt. Then, type the following command and press Enter to perform a DISM scan: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.

• Like 1