Thailand’s long-term ‘high potential’ resident visa fee to be halved to ฿50,000

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Meaning, such 'high potential foreigners' are expected to come to Thailand because it costs 50,000 baht (1,400 US$) less now? Is that such a big issue for those 'high-income individuals', i.e. 120 bucks/month?

10 year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I not too concerned when it is available.  What I am interested in is how much will the agents charge for the no money in the bank and no annual income require version.

It's a visa that means must be obtained outside Thailand in an embassy. How can an agent help? Of course if more than 50, can get agent assisted extension for 15K BHT which I did for two years and kept my money outside Thailand to earn more than what I paid to agents. There is an option now (except the Work permit) for me (being more than 50 years old) and it's called O-X but that requires bring 100K USD to Thailand which I refuse to do so. THis will be great for people who are less than 50 years old and working remotely.

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Onerak said:

If people under 50 can't meet the requirements, should not they stay in their own country and try to achieve the requirements before moving to Thailand

The requirements for an over 50 are much more lenient, as well as way more options a available.

Most use an agent to get around even those.

Pensioners don't need to be included in another visa, they should create a nomad or equivalent for under 50s, that don't have requirements that 99 percent of people won't.meet.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, FalangKino said:

The requirements for an over 50 are much more lenient, as well as way more options a available.

Most use an agent to get around even those.

Pensioners don't need to be included in another visa, they should create a nomad or equivalent for under 50s, that don't have requirements that 99 percent of people won't.meet.

It's called buy an elite visa then your home free...  

9 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Most people working in the internet - website space are not pulling down 80K pa.  And if they are they are in a crucial or management role and therefore (mostly) not allowed to work remotely.

The average salary in 2022 for college graduates is $55,260, according to a National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) survey. This figure is 2.5% higher than the starting salaries of the past year. Technical majors have the highest starting salaries with an average starting salary of $87,989 for petroleum engineers. You have no idea how much 10% College technical graduates earn in a year. Some earn as much as 150K a year including RSUs and bonuses. I'm working in silicon valley for the last two decades and this year alone top companies are offering 60-80K to Indian engineers for remote works. I couple can earn more than 120K USD remote work from India only. Not all but few. The visa is meant for a hand full  of people only not for the the run of the mill digital nomads

49 minutes ago, Onerak said:

I don't work for a Thai company.

As far as I know a foreigner can't work freelance in Thailand, you can only work as employee for a Thai company.

So to be able to do what you plan to do you would have to register a Thai company and bill your clients through this company.

31 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

As far as I know a foreigner can't work freelance in Thailand, you can only work as employee for a Thai company.

So to be able to do what you plan to do you would have to register a Thai company and bill your clients through this company.

The discussion is about the new Thai visa that is expected to come with a Work permit who can show 80K USD incomes (from a foreign source) and 100K USD in a bank account (anywhere in the World not necessarily in a Thai bank) and I was discussing the benefits of the visa for people 50 years older or younger. we are not discussing about current visas. The details are yet to come. Not sure when. It is always prudent to familiarize yourself with the discussion before posting meaningless comments. 

Edited by Onerak

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

I really don't care if it fails or not and that was not the point of this thread.  It is another option that will benefit me and scores of people like me who can demonstrate 100K USD in a foreign bank with 80K USD incomes. With rising home prices in the USA reaching almost 400K USD, with a salary of 100K won't be easy for many people to buy a house in the future and they migrate to Thailand if it comes with a work permit. Certainly this visa is not for bloggers who proudly post their life achievement of living in Thailand in <deleted> holes for $150/month and bragging about it in Youtube. 

And never forget the biggest attraction of coming to Thailand for a 40/50 something single person and then finding a wife and may be a family in the future. Thousands have done that in the past with visa runs and on meagre teachers salary. May be in the future they will be equipped with better salary, no worry about work permit, etc. 100K USD salary in the West does not guarantee a wife/family for 40/50 years old person but in Thailand it certainly does. We will only know its success or failure in 10-years time. 

Must be a generational thing. 25-30 years ago I was working in the US and would of never dreamed of coming to Thailand or any other country to work?????

• Like 2

Not many interested apparently.. no wonder with all rules changing all the time and the not welcoming attitude of the Government , although they pretend to say the opposite...With the requirement for this vsa there many more and better opportunities

• Like 2